1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help - Nissin di466 as slave on my PENs

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by Hyubie, May 20, 2012.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I have a Nissin flash that I have used before with my E-PL1, firing it off as the slave. But honestly, I think i just got a lucky break. I am trying to repeat the same setup with my E-PL2 and E-PL3 with no success - it's just not firing off.

Can anyone help me on what to do step by step? Thanks!

via mu43 app for Android

2. Hyubie

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Dumb slave, or wireless remote?

4. Hyubie

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Sorry - dunno what a dumb slave is, but the Nissin can be wirelessly triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

5. Jemski

Jemski Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    Philippines
    Jeremy
    I dont know if this will help, but I'll try.

I was able to trigger the Nissin Di466 with the E-PL2's pop up flash back then. I've set the flash to S1/S2 then set the settings to RC=On on the E-PL2 (I forgot what was the navigation to the setting, as I no longer have the E-PL2 with me).

I hope this was the help you were lookin for.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Yes, just like Jemski says... To turn RC Mode on with the E-PL2, go to Menu => Camera 2 => RC Mode => ON. Then when you hit OK it'll open up the RC menu with all the settings for your flash group. If you set your flash to Group A or Group 1, then the settings in the first line are what will be used for that flash. Hit INFO to cycle back to your Control Panel. If you want different settings for a second flash, set that flash to Group B or Group 2.

I can't give you a step-by-step on setting the flash end of it though, as I don't have a Nissin here. Unless a Nissan will do... lol. ;)

PS, dumb slave mode just means setting off the flash with manual settings using any flash output as an optical trigger with no need for RC Mode. When you're talking about being "wirelessly triggered" though, I assume you mean with TTL through the Remote Commander.

• Like Like x 1