1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help needed: Olympus FL600-R - I cannot turn on the LED light, manually or otherwise.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Huff, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Huff

Huff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Mike
    I've tried just about every combination of settings I can think of and I simply cannot get this light to turn on.
    It also seems that the instructions to reset the flash to factory defaults don't work.

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to get this LED to come on? I know at one point I have seen it on...accidentally. Now I just can't get it.

Thanks in advance

2. Halaking

Halaking Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    If you set LED light setting to A, the LED will turn on automatic when you shooting video in the dark environment, if you set it to M, it will on if you push right arrow from the 4-way pad.

3. Huff

Huff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Mike
    So that is exactly what I thought, and I think I have tried both ways but now I can't even figure out how to change the LED setting from A to M. Argh.

4. Halaking

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    Turn on the flash, push the ok button, you will see mode setting is in flash in the mode screen, push the right arrow on the 4-way pad until you see the LED light screen on the upper right is flashing, then you can make choice of the mode you want by simply turning the 4-way wheel.

You need push up/down/left/right to select modes and turning the wheel to select the setting, push ok again to confirmed.

5. Huff

Huff Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2014
    Mike
    That's what I have been trying to do...something is wrong for sure. I've tried to also reset to factory defaults but that doesn't seem to work either. Off camera, it's in RC mode but I can't access any channels or other settings. I can get it to work only when on the hot shoe and it works great. Frustrating to say the least.

I guess I will call Olympus Monday. Thanks for your help

6. Halaking

Dec 17, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Morris
    I"m sorry I did not get it and couldn't help, I thought it was setting problems, it seems like hardware/software malfunction.

I would suggest send it in for warranty repair if it's under warranty.