1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Help, need a Panasonic body for lens firmware update.

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by davidzvi, Feb 24, 2013.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Anyone in MA/RI/NH/CT area have a body I can borrow to try and update my lens firmware?

I seem to have had a problem with the upgrade of my Panasonic lens on my E-MP1. I'm guessing it became disconnected somehow. I've heard that I might be able to correct the problem if I try it on a Panasonic body. Anyone have one I can try?

Thanks

2. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    If I remember correctly, I did a firmware update on my 45-175 thru the memory card. It was on a G3, tho. That's f#$%ed up on panasonic's part if you can't update a lens w/o panasonic body. I should say that's "applish"!:rolleyes:

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm...
    I updated my Lumix 45-200 via my Olympus body...

Try a reset to factory defaults...

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Panasonic does the updates through a card for Pan/Pan updates. But Pan/Oly or Oly/Pan seems to be computer plug in controlled.

I should be able to, and it seemed to going fine. And the my computer flashed disconnect / connect like the usb port dropped.

Now the camera acts like no lens is attached. My other lenses are fine, camera body seems to be acting fine.

I can try the reset, but I'm not sure that will have any effect on the lens unless I'm missing something. Which would not be the first time.

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I just updated my P100-300 and P35-100 via an OM-D.

6. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    To 1.2?

I also didn't have any issues updating Panny lenses on the OM-D
    Sorry to hear that David!:frown:

7. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris
    i only have one Oly lens, and all of my Pana lenses have been updated through my OMD

8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Yep.

9. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Over 200 views and no one even close to me has a body I can use to try to fix the update? :frown:

10. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Interesting no one has responded.

If I had a Pany body, I'd meet half way ... say St. Louis.

11. peterpix

peterpix Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 8, 2010
    So. Maine
    Peter Randal
    I'm in so Maine and happy to accommodate you. Would be great to meet another mirrorless person! Send a pm and we can set a meet up in Portsmouth.