1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help! my flash wont fire...

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by silver92b, Apr 4, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I have the OM-D EM-5, I tried using the little flash unit that came with it but it just wont fire :confused:.

I went to "menu" and the X-Sync is set to 1/250; the Slow limit is set at 1/30; and the compensation is set to "off".

I went to "OK" and invoked the control panel, the Flash is set to "flash Auto", and the compensation is set to "0". I also tried the "full" in the flash setting with equal results.

I tried shooting in "AUTO" mode as well as in Manual, Aperture priority and shutter priority.

No matter what I tried the little flash unit would not fire either with the flash head popped up or pushed down.... What could be the problem?

I was also having problems with the FL 600-R the other day, but I think I did get it to fire but I cannot remember. Please tell me what I might be doing wrong.

Thank you in advance!!

2. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Do you have it turned on in the flash sub-menu?

3. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I don't know.... how do I get to the flash sub-menu?

4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    Select the flash icon either from the SCP or the live view screen, then press the info button. You may have to hit the info button twice.

5. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks everyone for your kindness. I just figured out why the flash would not fire.... I was using my 25mm f1.4, it needs no flash :dash2:
    After I installed the 40-150 and stepped down to f9, the flash fired perfectly :redface: