Help me upgrade

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by jerrykur, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jerrykur

jerrykur Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Northern CA
    Hi,

I have a gf1 I use ocassionally when I don't want to lug my dslr with me
    . It is nice but kind of slow to focus and the jpegs are poor and the ovf blurry at best. Will a change to the gx1 with lv2 cure these issues?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

2. greenarcher02

greenarcher02 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 13, 2012
    Manila, Philippines
    Mostly yes. GX1 focuses FAST. jpegs are improved, and you would have to tweak some camera settings. I rarely use SooC jpegs anyway, but they are usable. I just find that tweaking the colors and contrast to my preference are always better.

NR is too aggressive though, and I found it better to reduce noise in photoshop.

Can't help you with the EVF, though, as I don't have one.

Here's an AF demo video to get an idea on how fast AF is, but it also depends on the lens. They're using the new 12-35mm f/2.8 lens I think. But I think it's just as fast using Oly 45. The only problem of course is the camera not focusing on the right subject. I always have a problem with fast moving subjects.

3. jerrykur

jerrykur Mu-43 Regular

Aug 23, 2012
    Northern CA
    The only u43 lens I have is the P20 1.7. I assume that will still be slow to focus? Hopefully it would not hunt as much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.