1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help me to decide: Gariz case or ECG1 grip for E-M10?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Braza, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Braza

Braza Mu-43 Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    I really like the retro look of my E-M10. And I think, the Gariz case will add more grip to the body and will keep on this retro style of Olympus. Otherwise, I read some reviews about ECG1 and sure, it will add more grip to body too, but I will lose some retro feeling, I think. It will be more DSLR-like style.

Which to choose? :)

2. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    I'm a taller guy and as such found that the E-M10 was far too small to handle comfortably without the add on grip. I have an X100S that also felt a bit too small (though not as small as the E-M10 did) but that was remedied with a Thumbs Up thumbrest and a Gariz case. If all you are looking for is a little more purchase on the camera (i.e., more surface area) then the Gariz case would provide that, but the ECG1 would definitely provide better ergonomics in my opinion.

3. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    I can only relate my experiences to an E-M5 camera. The landscape grip (on the HLD-6) was great for the extra support it offered on longer/heavier lenses. The Gariz half-case made the camera body thicker which made it much easier to hold for shorter/lighter lenses. I enjoyed having both options on my E-M5. Good luck on your decision.

4. leungw

leungw Deal Hunter

May 26, 2011
    NJ
    Willy
    I bought the E-M10 Gariz case when it first came out and had to return it. The hump below the lens mount was too big and I couldn't mount the Panaonsic 12-35mm on.

They said they would be re-designing the case as a result. If you decide to buy one, make sure to ask if it's the newer version.