- Nov 30, 2018
- Bellingham, WA
Hello. Our family computer (a 2011 macbook pro) has grown a bit long in tooth. Only thing we use it for is web-surfing, word processing and photo editing (LR6). Time to replace! with an emphasis on photo editing.
- Getting a windows machine. It's what I use for work and just never got comfortable with the Apple operating system.
- Currently using LR6. Could seee upgrading to subscription model for PS.
- Since it rarely leaves the house I think my money is far more effectively spent on a desktop and a good screen.
- Would like to get good hardware but want to spend ~$1500 max.
- I figure 16GB of ram and a 1TB hard drive meets my needs and my price point.
- I don't want to overthink this.
- I don't see the value in a touch screen. I don't do a lot of complicated masking and if I did a wacom type interface seems like a better option. Am I missing something?
- How important is a graphics card if you don't really spend anytime at all editing video or gaming?
- Harddrives? Desktops still seem to all be hdd. though some have a smaller ssd drive attached. Confused....any recommendations here?
- BenQ sw2700pt monitor seems like the one to get. good choice?
- desktops all seem to same to me once you match processor, ram, hard drive. How to differentiate?
- Dell XPS Tower (because why not?)
- BenQ sw2700pt
- Some sort of color calibration hardware.
- Maybe a wacom at a later point in time.