1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help me Identify two lenses and what adapters I need...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by nekrosoft13, May 3, 2014.

1. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2014
    help me identify two vintage lenses and what mount they use.

Fujica X-Fujinar.T 135mm 2.8 DM
    14tn7uo.jpg
    2vhvtzc.jpg
    35krhco.jpg

Asanuma Auto-Wide 28mm 2.8
    35jez9i.jpg
    2m5b7s4.jpg
    15nxe00.jpg

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Well the Asanuma 28mm is easy - it's a Pentax K-mount lens. Any Pentax K to Micro 4/3 mount adapter will work. There are tons of them, starting at a less than $11 on ebay. This FOTGA adapter will suffice and it's cheap - but there are dozens of others that would also work. You could spend more, but not get anything better:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Fotga-P...ens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item35d25a2c9c

Unfortunately, the Fujinar, which would probably be a quite useful lens to adapt, is the Fujica X-bayonet mount - which is a pretty obscure mount that had small market penetration - and as a result, I don't know of any mount adapters that have been made for this lens mount into Micro 4/3. A search results in no adapters for this lens mount showing up on ebay or Amazon.

3. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2014
    i think i found an adapter for the fuji http://www.ebay.com/itm/FUJICA-X-FU...FBCMcEpq8WheRw7bnUfAk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'm not sure if i will be able to adjust the aperture while the lens is on the camera...

thanks for help identifying them.

as far as the Pentax mount, also found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/350764115569?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT this supposelly allows you to change aperture on the lens...

What about lens booster, are there any that are recommended? I did notice a few on ebay, but then I noticed they don't have aperture control.
    On PK lens, how do you change aperture? I can see aperture ring, but when turned I don't see any aperture blades.

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    That Fujinon X-mount to Micro 4/3 adapter is a good find. I was not aware that any were available.

The $30 Pentax adapter you found has no additional capability than the $11 one that I linked, when used with that Asanuma lens. You can always adjust the aperture on any Pentax K-mount lens that has an aperture ring (the Asanuma does) with ANY adapter, including the $11 FOTGA adapter I linked originally.

5. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2014
    How do I adjust the aperture? Turning the aperture ring doesnt do anything.

6. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    If a lens has an aperture ring, you can always adjust the aperture. with most mounts. Just rotate the ring and watch. One exception is the Canon FD, which has to be mounted on a camera or adapter to turn the ring. I don't know about your Fujinar. If it does turn and the blades move, you should be OK.

What,the blades don't move on your asanuma? Then the diaphragm is likely stuck with oil or crud and you have to use it stuck that way unless you throw it away or fix it.

7. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2014
    i took the asanuma apart, and yes there is oil on the blades will clean it tomorrow.

the Fujinar is different, the blades are clean and they move. if you look at the bottom of the lens, on the bottom of the mount you can see silver round post, on the other side of the level there is level, that level needs to be pulled to adjust the aperture to what was selected on the aparture ring. I guess it was designed that way to keep the lens wide open while focusing and metering and when you press the shutter then it activates the aperture.

8. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    That's a common method on a lot of mounts. If they designed the adapter properly, there will be a post that holds the lever at the right position. If not, then you can put in something to hold the lever and put some duct tape over it.

9. nekrosoft13

nekrosoft13 Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2014
    Cleaned the asanuma and works great now!