Help: may or may not have a problem.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Pen F, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Ok I have had my ep3 for several days now only doing inside shooting. Today is the first time I took it outside. I saw some intresting cloud formations and wanted to take a few pics. As I raised the camera to the bright sky I heard some noises as if the camera was trying to focus. under closer observation I relised the lens was stopping down by itself. I am useing the camera in A mode with the 20 panni lens. When I went inside I tried shinning a flashlight into the lens and sure enough i heard the noises again and saw the apacture stopping down. Now this doesent seem to affect the pictures I am takeing in any way that I can see. So I am asking is this normal (and I'm being a noob) or do I have a problem? Thanks in advance for any help........Chris

2. krysdafur

krysdafur Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    SoCal
    Its normal. The 20mm is pretty loud, scared me the first time I heard it too but many people on the internet have reported the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Cool Thanks for the help. I rather be a noob and not have a problem, then be supper advanced and have a real problem!!!! lol

• Like Like x 1