1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help: may or may not have a problem.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Pen F, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Ok I have had my ep3 for several days now only doing inside shooting. Today is the first time I took it outside. I saw some intresting cloud formations and wanted to take a few pics. As I raised the camera to the bright sky I heard some noises as if the camera was trying to focus. under closer observation I relised the lens was stopping down by itself. I am useing the camera in A mode with the 20 panni lens. When I went inside I tried shinning a flashlight into the lens and sure enough i heard the noises again and saw the apacture stopping down. Now this doesent seem to affect the pictures I am takeing in any way that I can see. So I am asking is this normal (and I'm being a noob) or do I have a problem? Thanks in advance for any help........Chris

2. krysdafur

krysdafur Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2011
    SoCal
    Its normal. The 20mm is pretty loud, scared me the first time I heard it too but many people on the internet have reported the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Cool Thanks for the help. I rather be a noob and not have a problem, then be supper advanced and have a real problem!!!! lol

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.