Help identifying lens mount

barry

Super Moderator
I've gotten 2 Bolex movie cameras from Craigslist sellers, with a couple interesting lenses. They need a CLA as the focus rings seem to be stuck, but based on what I've read that should be very easy to do.
I also saw an old movie camera at a thrift store recently with a German lens (Schneider iirc), but they were asking full eBay prices, and it wasn't something I needed.

Mike Wingate

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Mike Wingate
image.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Simple drum sander.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
I find that coarse sanding material (sandpaper) works better than hard stone type tips; the aluminum seems to clog the stone very quickly
Yes I have some tungsten and stone tips to unclog the stone wheels and my grinding wheels, but that is worth knowing if you were buying for this type of job.

I suppose that is where a file is better, and that is what I would probably use as well.
If you were not used to using those wheels you could end up getting a lot of what I call chatter as they grab if too large a diameter.
My poor old die grinder has not seen any use for a long time now.

Petrochemist

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mike
Yes I have some tungsten and stone tips to unclog the stone wheels and my grinding wheels, but that is worth knowing if you were buying for this type of job.

I suppose that is where a file is better, and that is what I would probably use as well.
If you were not used to using those wheels you could end up getting a lot of what I call chatter as they grab if too large a diameter.
My poor old die grinder has not seen any use for a long time now.

I find a stepped (or tapered) drill is often ideal for making/enlarging moderate size holes in sheet materials (especially ally & plastics) No issues with clogging :)
They're even pretty good at keeping the same center as the original hole if enlarging. The set I have here goes up to 30mm diameter.

Here's a similar imperial set that goes to larger sizes https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...a286-5c0d-8398-4a56b6137dbb&pf_rd_i=256287011

Latest threads

Top Bottom