1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

help identifying lens from a "zorki 6"

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by rhoydotp, Aug 13, 2012.

1. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    i'm trying to identify this lens as I want to get a "m4/3 mount" for it. I can't seem to find a "match" from google searh. and from what I can gather of the net, it supposed to use a LTM (Leica Thread Mount) or M39 but I'm not so sure.

any help would be appreciated :2thumbs:

thanks

Attached Files:

2. nseika

nseika Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Lois
    The label seems to say Jupiter-8 (ЮПИТЕР-8)… although there's no focusing knob like in the other picture

• Like Like x 1
  3. larsjuhljensen

larsjuhljensen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    As already said it's a Jupiter-8. More specifically, it is a Jupiter-8 produced by KMZ in 1966 (you can tell from the serial number starting with 66). The Jupiter-8 is clone of the Zeiss Sonnar and has the wonderful out-of-focus rendering that you'd expect from a Sonnar.

The Jupiter-8 exists in both Leica thread-mount (aka L39 or M39) and in Contax RF mount. However, the Zorki cameras are all based (roughly) on the Leica rangefinders, and you can thus be certain that your copy is in M39 rangefinder mount. M39 to Micro 4/3 adapters are very easy and cheap to come by. It is also one of the smallest adapters, so even including the adapter the Jupiter-8 is a nice small package :)

There is only one thing to be aware of with respect to the adapters. When you receive one, you will probably find that when you mount the lens, it does not have the correct side facing up. However, almost all the adapters allow you to rotate the thread by loosening three small screws with an Allen key.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    Hej Lars

How about unmounting the lens and have a look at the mount? It could help using Rik Olesens site: SLR Lens Mount Identification Guide to identify what it is then. Or perhaps I misunderstand your question?

5. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    The Zorki 6 uses Leica Thread Mount for sure. I have one of these and use the Jupiter 8 in my G1 with a m-39 to m4/3 adapterm

• Like Like x 1
  6. rhoydotp

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    Thank you guys! Yes, the serial number starts with "66". I just ordered an adapter for $6 and it includes an Alen key ... now I can't wait to get it :)

7. larsjuhljensen

larsjuhljensen Mu-43 Regular

Jun 26, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Hej, I think you misunderstood me. I wasn't asking a question at all as far as I know :smile:

8. ante

ante Mu-43 Regular

Jul 15, 2012
    Denmark
    Lol... I saw that too. but then it was to late. :smile:

9. rhoydotp

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    rpamparo
    hey guys ... just an update. I got the adapter today and it seems to work, not to mention looks sexy :)

[​IMG]