1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Help identify mount on Lentar 250mm f5.6 lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by John_Dear, Nov 29, 2011.

1. John_Dear

John_Dear New to Mu-43

Nov 29, 2011
    Found this at the thrift store, and thought it would be fun to try on my GF1. The lens is in near perfect condition, but the leatherette case is shedding it's velour interior all over hence the dusty/scratchy appearance. So, if I figure out what adapter to get for this, is it worth the trouble? I'm seeing mixed reviews on this lens.

A guy at the local camera shop didn't recognize this. After looking around online, I'm thinking it might be a Minolta MC/MD mount, based on the little notch in one of the flanges. This mount spins off to reveal some threads that seem to be the same size, but smaller thread pitch than an M42. The adapter mount is labeled "JAPAN" and "TA5".

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    This is probably a T-mount lens. The included adapter has what looks like Minolta SR mount on the other end.

3. John_Dear

John_Dear New to Mu-43

Nov 29, 2011
    Just read the wikipedia page on t-mounts and I'm pretty sure you're right on. Thanks!

So, I just need a t-mount/m43 adapter and I can forget all about the Minolta thingy? The t-mount adapters I see on Amazon look quite a bit longer than the Minolta, but I assume that is to correct for the distance to the sensor vs film?