1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Help G5 problem!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by GeBathan, Apr 26, 2013.

1. GeBathan

GeBathan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    I just encountered the "turn camera off and turn on again" problem. Already tried resetting it, removing battery, formatting sd and still not working.
    Anybody experienced this? Need help badly :(

2. entropicremnants

entropicremnants Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Does this happen with and without the lens attached?

3. GeBathan

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Yes it does. After each shot it appears,that's why every shot i have to turn it off and on again. So far it's not happening when the electronic shutter is ON. I've read that it could be a shutter problem. One more question is I bought this here off another member,if I fill up the warranty card do i put down his name because they might ask for a copy of the receipt? Do I call Panasonic service and just send it for repair? Thanks!

4. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Okay, I have no comment on how to obtain warranty service on a used camera. You'll have to puzzle that out and there are potential legal issues with falsifying anything like that.

But yes, your problem does sound like a shutter problem. It would appear that the shutter is not returning properly to the resting position and that power cycling puts it back in place -- though I too am guessing. That fact that when the shutter has no need to move it does NOT occur seems to pretty much nail it down.

Unless it suddenly decides to start working properly on it's own, it will require some kind of service.

5. GeBathan

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    Thanks sir, I called Panasonic Service and everything's going to be fine. They said it doesn't matter who owns the camera now as long as it's still under warranty. All i have to do is send it to them with the case number they gave me and attach a copy of the original receipt.

6. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    Great to know! Hooray for Panasonic then!

7. juangrande

juangrande Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 2, 2012
    COLORADO
    Good to know!

8. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I see you figured it out, but I was about to post that Panasonic warranties aren't tied to the original owner like Olympus. Looks like you got it sorted out though!

9. GeBathan

Dec 11, 2012
    Los Angeles CA
    Gerard
    I was wondering if this problem was caused by using an adapted lens (Rokkor)? Would a manual lens mess up the shutter?

10. entropicremnants

Jul 16, 2012
    John Griggs
    I can not see it happening. I think it is just one of those things.

11. kissel

kissel Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 5, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Kostya
    Absolutelly not.

12. dhewie84

dhewie84 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    Someone posted the same issue on DPreview a month ago. They didn't post back with any confirmation finding out the problem, but others thought it was a failure of the shutter assembly.