Help: Focus Ring Not Working (Panasonic 45mm)

D

dwrz

Hi,

A few days ago, I turned on my camera and it wouldn't focus-- neither Auto or Manual. I took it off, put it back on, and it worked again.

This evening, I turned the camera on, and it did it again. Except this time taking it off and putting it back on does nothing. Neither auto nor manual. My 20mm lens works fine, so I'm pretty sure it is the lens and not the body.

What do I do?

D

dwrz

Is there a specific method? Camera's been in a clean environment-- even have an air filter running in my room.

Vivalo

Olympus loser
You can always contact Panasonic service. At least Oly service here in Finland has been top quality that one time I had focusing troubles with my ol' E-520. They repaired it, under the two year warranty, within 2 weeks with no cost to me at all, not even the postage fee. You better give the Pana service a call.

Vivalo

Olympus loser
Resetting the camera to factory settings and a possible firmware update for the camera or the lens could also solve the problem. :confused:

...sometimes even changing the places of the bathroom towels can help with nowaday's electronics. :biggrin:

D

dwrz

Thanks-- I just tried getting in touch with them. I'll post what I find, in case it may be of use to others. Really annoying failure though!

Update at 1936 UTC (1436 EST)-- it just started working on its own, all of a sudden. Weird.

Latest threads

Top Bottom