Help Fixing Konica Hexanon 52/1.8

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by tjdean01, Sep 7, 2013.

1. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    I got a Konica Hexanon 52mm f1.8 basically for free. It had fungus inside so took it apart to clean it out. Man, what a chore to get it back together without any dust on the elements! How do you do it?

Finally, the very last two elements of the lens are hooked together inside of this cone thing. Does anyone know how to get them apart? Right now there is water in them because I boiled it thinking the heat would help me unscrew them but it didn't help.

This is not a life or death matter but it would still be fun to put this together and have a 52mm as opposed to a 50 for those times when I need that little bit more FL. Thanks! :thumbup:

Attached Files:

2. dadadude

dadadude Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2013
    San Carlos, CA
    Boiling wasn't a good idea IMO.
  3. tjdean01

tjdean01 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 20, 2013
    Meh. If it would have worked, however, I'd be a genius! lol

I still don't know how to get it apart. :frown:
  4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Those two elements were probably glued together and never meant to come apart. The glue used is super strength!{although if water got between them then it is failing to a degree} Try to get the water to evaporate. Put that element in a container filled with uncooked rice for a few days.
  5. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    If you pop it in the microwave, you'll either get the water to evaporate, or you'll blow the thing up.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

That water will make for cool effects likely not possible with PP!

Heat does tend do degrade glues so if you are going to blow it up in the microwave might was well try a small torch first - assuming there is not better way the get the job done.
  7. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    The other option is to put it in some dessicant for a while (read at least overnight), and see if it will pull the water out.
  8. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia