Help: first time Photo ninja user

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by onlyablur, Mar 9, 2014.

1. onlyablur

onlyablur Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2012
    Hungary
    I was trying out the Photo Ninja to convert raw photos from my Panasonic G6, but I came across this problem: the raw photo is opened with a purple tint!

I shoot raw+jpeg. This is the first time I ever use this converter, so everything is at default. In the 'browser' mode, all the the thumbnails look fine (look the same to their jpeg counterparts). When I double click to open a raw file, the decompressed file turns out to have a purple tint, so does its thumbnail. And when I close the file, its thumbnail goes back to normal, without a tint.

I looked into the 'color correction' section: if I uncheck the color correction, the photo becomes green. I played with the temperature and tint sliders, and also the WB dropper, but nothing makes it look normal. The WB mode is 'from camera'.

Has anyone else come across this problem? It's probably me who did something stupid...

Could it be Photo ninja doesn't support G6 raw file? Would it help if I upload a raw and someone can run it through their photo ninja and see if anything is wrong?

Many thanks!

2. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    sounds pretty strange. I have PN so if you upload the RAW I can run it through. Alternatively pm me and you can send it to my email.

3. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

I've used my G6 with Photo Ninja without issues. I'll take a look when I get the chance.

4. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Had a look and it appears fine. I'm using version 1.2.3. Unfortunately I can't render with PN as my trial license has run out but here's a screenshot.

No adjustments made by me. This is how it appeared after PN had finished demosaicing.

i-74PVT3N-XL.

5. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Used the dropper here after looking at the JPEG and tried to match the white balance. The white balance now looks more or less identical to the JPEG.

Perhaps you could contact Bill at Picture Code? He's very quick at responding to support questions.

i-h8zjcr5-XL.

6. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    I assume this the problem you are suffering from.

Clipboard_Image_58_.

If you look at the screenshot, you will see that I am in the 'color profile' section (you double click on color profile in the main section.)

You will see in the 'light source' line there is 'no profile'. Click on that and choose 'daylight/flash' or 'match color temp' and the pink tint will go,

7. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Did any of this help or are you still having problems?

8. onlyablur

onlyablur Mu-43 Regular

Jul 3, 2012
    Hungary
    Thank you very much for your help! However I'm still having problems, the pink tint doesn't go away and for some reason PN wouldn't let me choose the 'match color temp' setting...I might need to contact PN people then.

Thanks again!