Help finding a option on om-d

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hitman21988, Feb 7, 2013.

1. hitman21988

hitman21988 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2013
    Hey, i was wondering where i would go to turn off the live view? I'm not sure what you would official call it but so when i look threw the viewfinder it doesn't show what is actually happening when i change aperture or shutter speed. so the only way i would know if i got things right is if i look at the picture on back of the camera.Reason being is i want more of the old way of film were you actually gotta figure out what to use to get what you want, i honestly miss that way.

Wanna say thanks in advance :thumbup:

p.s hope i posted it in the right section.

2. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    press the menu button, then select the cogwheel icon, scroll down to option J for the EVF, then choose among 3 diff styles (can't remember which is the style with the settings all there). hope i explained it right since i don't have my E-M5 in front of me.

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Actually I think he means live view boost not the EVF style. That setting is in part D of the settings in the menu. Scroll down to the second page and change the live view boost setting. Then you won't get the EVF changing brightness as you change exposure.

Pre chimping is one of the best things about an EVF. But to each their own.....

Gordon

4. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I just re-read the OP's question and I believe you're right. Apologies to the OP.

5. hitman21988

Jan 4, 2013
    thanks Flash! lol but dont get me wrong it is a great thing to have to see on the fly changes but it like racing. You can have a car that helps you in turns when racing and you never really learn how to naturally feel the car, then there a car you can learn the raw basics of how to feel the car when turning and help you become a better driver. I hope i explained it correctly since im not the best putting my thoughts into words on paper or aka forums.

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Absolutely. Anytime someone does something to improve their understanding of the craft, I'm all for it.

Gordon

p.s. welcome to the forums.

7. hitman21988

Jan 4, 2013
    Yup :). Btw thank you, the info you gave me was exactly what I was looking for. Got to use the setting change today and loved it!

image-4094335167.

1/20 sec. At F /4.5, ISO 800. Kit lens 12-50