1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help E-pm1 owners....

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by marlon671, Jan 3, 2013.

1. marlon671

marlon671 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Hi. I think my OCD may just be getting the best of me so i need some help to ease off some weight off my shoulders.

I own an epm1. I was attempting to install a Gariz soft button on my camera. Somehow the button slipped and stuck onto the movie rec button. I carefully peeled it off as to not wanting to mess up the adhesive of the gariz and to my surprise it yanked the movie record button with it. :eek: So i was able to get the movie record button off of the gariz soft button adhesive. The movie button has a rubber piece underneath thats wider than the hole it came from. Very carefully i was able to push it back into place. it seems to work fine and everything but......

this is where my ocd kicks in.... the button seems to be not so "clicky" as it use to be... or am i just imagining it? Im comparing it to info, menu, ok, and playback button which is plenty clicky...

Can someone please push some buttons on their epm1 and verify if the movie record button has a much softer click then the audible clicks of the info, menu, ok and playback buttons? I just want to make sure the movie record button was placed back correctly so it doesn't fall off somehow...

Also with the soft button installed, it seems to intensify the wobble of the shutter button... Is that my OCD also kicking in? Or is it normally wobbly with the installation of the Gariz soft button?

Any help will be gladly appreciated... Thank you very much.

This is my first post and I am on my way now to make an introduction of myself in the appropriate section... Thanks again!

2. Les

Les New to Mu-43

Dec 13, 2011
    As far as the movie record button - Yes, it is "softer" not as clicky.

Les

3. marlon671

marlon671 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Thank you very much sir!