help dropped e-m10

randyspan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Randy Spann
I dropped my new e-m10 and now the shutter is stuck down. Anybody know if there is a reset combination when turning on?

Stefan_SS

Mu-43 Regular
Sorry to hear it. The shutter and sensor mechanics in Olympus cameras are small wonders of engineering what with the sensor hovering in an electromagnetical cradle and all. I would seriously consider leaving it with Olympus for service, what´s to say you only got a problem with the shutter? Good luck! I hop you get it back fast.

Cheers!

Stefan

Timmy

Mu-43 Regular
Ouch! A similar thing happened to me on my PEN, shutter locked shut for no reason - I can't remember exactly what I did, but some sort of combination of removing the lens, turning off/on again fixed it & it's been fine since. I think I read somewhere about some sort of safe mode, but I can't find the info again.
Anyhow the most sensible course of action is to return it, as even if you manage to sort it there's a risk something was damaged and the problem will pop up again. good luck!

Droogie

Mu-43 Veteran
And that is why whenever we have a camera in our hands it always has a wrist strap or a neck strap on. Not being flippant - just sharing the pain . . . I had the same thing happen to me.

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
And that is why whenever we have a camera in our hands it always has a wrist strap or a neck strap on. Not being flippant - just sharing the pain . . . I had the same thing happen to me.

I have almost dropped my camera because my neck strap has snagged on something. I have also banged my camera because it's been attached to my wrist. Short of a magic force field, nothing is always perfect.

pratyk

Mu-43 Rookie
I had something similar happen to me, which ended up in me having to ship the camera to Olympus Service.

Recently, my camera bag (Domke F5XA) got bumped by a cab door opening up when I visited NYC. I walked up to the hotel room not thinking much of it. Later that afternoon, I took the camera out of the bag and I saw the Oly 40-150 lens split at the mount and the shutter on the camera was stuck. I took off the lens mount off the camera but I wasn't able to get the shutter back in the normal position. I sent in the camera to Olympus for repair after speaking to the support desk over the phone.

I guess you get what you pay for with the plastic mount and all but I was really surprised at how delicate the lens was; it wasn't even that hard a bump.

randyspan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Randy Spann
My dropped M10 is 'out for delivery' to my house today! So if all works correctly (knock on wood) I will have been without the M10 for 13 days. I think that is very reasonable. One thing of note if one ever has to send to Olympus Repair, is that their tracking thru the system lags behind the actual progress. Yesterday their tracking said "out of repair" today it's shipped with a tracking number and to arrive (already).

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
My dropped M10 is 'out for delivery' to my house today! So if all works correctly (knock on wood) I will have been without the M10 for 13 days. I think that is very reasonable. One thing of note if one ever has to send to Olympus Repair, is that their tracking thru the system lags behind the actual progress. Yesterday their tracking said "out of repair" today it's shipped with a tracking number and to arrive (already).

I think a 2 week turn around isn't too bad. Let us know how the camera is. I know I would be a basket case waiting for mine.

Latest threads

Top Bottom