HELP: do you know where to get this lens?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Adubo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    DSC07417b-660x403.

its the SLR Magic 35mm T1.4 cine lens.

i've been looking for a few days now, been to adorama, amazon, keh, ebay (well, not thoroughly), etc and i cant find this specific lens.

why this lens you ask, well, i live the FL, i dont want to spend too much so i dont want to get the 25/1.4 (and the 70mm FOV is the sweet spot), i'll only use this lens for a couple of projects so i want to minimize the cost as much as possible (and i read its pretty darn good)

...and i'm hoping its going to cure my shallow depth of field craving

so any news or site where i can get the lens would be a great help. thanks!:biggrin:

EDIT: and yeah, they still have the lens available for Fuji and nex EVERYWHERE... :mad:

Attached Files:

2. fotofundi

fotofundi New to Mu-43

Jun 21, 2011
    Cyprus
    David
  3. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
  4. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Adubo, I would be very surprised if the difference between 70mm and 90mm (effective) made a difference to your photography. It's not much in terms of actual FOV.

Try the 45mm and you will like it! I switched from using my manual lenses with some resistance, but am now totally sold on the IQ this lens produces.

5. fotofundi

fotofundi New to Mu-43

Jun 21, 2011
    Cyprus
    David
    Adubo
    The 10mm extra focal length (45 vs 35mm) will make up for the half stop advantage of the 'Magic' lens as the longer focal length will have less DoF at f1.8 than the 35mm at f1.4. However the 45mm does require more 'elbow room'.
    Even setting f1.8 aperture on both I would be very surprised if the 'Magic' lens was able to compete with the Olympus in terms of overall quality.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DLinTokyo

DLinTokyo New to Mu-43

Oct 14, 2013
    Have you considered the Fujian (35mm 1.7) version?
    You should be able to get one for pretty cheap off of e-bay.

7. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    From the much maligned Steve Huff: