1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Help! Contax G 35mm to MFT

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by xmugenx, Feb 8, 2011.

1. xmugenx

xmugenx New to Mu-43

Feb 8, 2011
    Hey all -

I'm recently just getting into the MFT system...I have a GF2 on preorder now :) 

I just bought a Contax G 35mm lens, and purchased this adapter:

Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Contax / Yashica (c/y or cy) Lens to MFT Micro 4/3 (Four Thirds) System Camera Mount Adapter, for Olympus Pen E-PL1, E-P2, Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1, G2, GH2, GF1, GH1 G10,: Electronics

It doesn't fit though...I'm a novice to all this, so please bear with me, but did I get the wrong adapter?

After going through the forums, the adapters people have been buying (Metabones, Kippon) look pretty different from the one I got.

So:

#1) Which lens is the adapter I got for anyways???
    #2) Will this adapter work (courtesy of the infamous lasjas):
    Metabones Contax G Lens To Micro 4/3 Adapter Japan GH2 - eBay (item 220736629406 end time Feb-15-11 07:18:44 PST)

Again, I'm trying to fit a Contax G 35mm onto the new Lumix GF2. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

2. cherrywood

cherrywood Mu-43 Regular

Dec 17, 2010
    Ohio
    Metabones Contax G to m43

Yes the Metabones Contax g to m43 is the one you want. Well made. I have an extra one if you want to purchase used. thanks dennis

3. xmugenx

xmugenx New to Mu-43

Feb 8, 2011
    I would be interested! How much do you want?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.