1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help Confirming Lens ID

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by SnZ, Jun 10, 2012.

1. SnZ

SnZ Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2011
    I just picked up a couple of lenses and one of those lenses was a Schneider-Kreuznach Curtagon 35/2.8, which I'm pretty sure is a M42 mount lens.

However, looking at Ebay listings and photos online of what is supposed to be the same lens, I've yet to find one that looks the same as the one I have, so I was hoping someone could give me confirmation on the lens mount, so that I can pick up an adapter that fits.

Quite certain it is an m42, but I haven't actually used an m42 lens myself, and the little tab on the top seems a bit different from what I've been seeing online.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

2. SnZ

SnZ Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2011
    Can anyone even identify this lens?
    I've looked around online, but all of the lenses I've found with the same focal length, max aperture and name have turned out looking very different.

3. SnZ

SnZ Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 3, 2011
    Looks like that's the one.
    Thanks for the ID!

Anyone know how good a lens it is? I've heard some good things about Schneider-Kreuznach lenses, especially about their color rendition, but I've yet to actually try this one out, since I'm lacking the adapter. Is a lens worth having around?

Thanks!

4. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    always good to have around!

They are very good optically, as in the glass, and they have really nice DoF from f5.6 onwards!

:wink:

The only thing with this one is; I do not know what the diaphragm construction is, therefore do not know what kind of Bokeh you will get!

:rolleyes:

Andreas