1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help Choose the Next Mu-43.com Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The Olympus E-PL2 Giveaway was way too much fun to be our last.

Also, as a site for all who like the Micro 4/3 system, it's only right that we give away something from Panasonic as well.

Still, we're having a hard time deciding what to offer as a prize for the next giveaway with so many exciting products being introduced, so we need your help.

Please vote AND comment to tell us what you would like to win!

PS - For the purposes of the poll, assume that the GF3 is going to have the G3 sensor and look like this.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Assuming there's no new goodies released prior to the next giveaway (i.e. PL25/1.4, Oly fast 50, Oly wide prime, EP3, etc.), I'd like to win a PL45!!!

I'm sure lots of folks out there would like to get a 20/1.7 given its continued shortage. Already got two of those, so I wouldn't be entering this giveaway, although I'm sure tons of people would appreciate it.

Thanks for the giveaways Amin and B&H (or whomever else is providing the goodies)!

ps: How do I vote? Can't find a vote link or anything like that ...

3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Major influence for me voting first. That means I win, right? :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    You were too fast, Armando - I was making the poll while you replied :smile:.

This particular giveaway is going to be sponsored by Mu-43 without B&H.

We love B&H and will continue to partner with them to bring reviews and possibly other giveaways in the future, but I want to lower the bar for contest entry, so this time around, entrants will only need to "like" or "follow" Mu-43 and comment to enter.

• Like Like x 4
  5. anidel

anidel Mu-43 Regular

May 13, 2011
    Twickenham, Uk
    I was really undecided between a camera and a lens.
    But I think camera's are pretty common giveaways, so why not the lens?

I voted for the WONDERFUL 20mm lens for Pana.

Crossing my fingers from now. All of them :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Muntjack

Muntjack Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 26, 2010
    I'd die for the 45mm macro but is it outside the price range? I voted for the GF2 so I can get a second body and the lovely 14mm pancake too.

M

• Like Like x 1
  7. Glenn S

Glenn S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    I'd like a G3 body, don't need a kit lens thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

I was in between G3 and 100-300mm, so I checked poll results and voted for the one with less points.

Anyway, I think it highly depends on what do you expect from such giveaway Amin. If the price will be a camera and only needed thing will be to retweet the thread, you'll get hundreds of newly registered users, while 99% will leave when the giveaway ends. But the site will get advertised a lot and that's probably the point.

On the other way, if it's like a giveaway to community, then it's probably better to give as a price some nice lens and make it a bit more difficult (post count, registered member before the competition, etc.), but keep it random who will win, as it's not competition, but a giveaway.

Ah...and maybe it should be limited by monthly income :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I voted for the 100-300 given that the PL45 is not an option (at this time). G3 would be nice, but I already have the GH2 which appears to be more customizable (more buttons and dials) than the G3.

10. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Although I voted, anything free that comes my way is a big bonus. :) I never win in any contest that's decided by pure luck.

(And that "never" up there is backed with evidence accumulated over 15 something years :biggrin: .)

11. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    Same here.

:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. MP Burke

MP Burke Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 3, 2010
    UK
    I voted for the 100-300 zoom, but the forthcoming Panasonic product I would really like to have is the 25mm f1.4.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Certainly a Panasonic body to even things up, but then lenses. We ALL can use the lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  14. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I voted for the G3. Really been wanting to get m4/3 with vf. I have the E-p1, which only lacks vf for my needs/wants. Thanks for this giveaway!

• Like Like x 1
  15. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    8mm Fisheye!

If someone wants a quality lens, they'll eventually pay for it. But a FE is not something you can always justify, so it's a great prize to win!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I voted for the super-tele because I lust after it. The super wide is also one I dream about. Of course, I'm not on the bookface so I can't win anyway:frown:

• Like Like x 2
  17. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    My vote goes to the 20mm, because I believe it's a must have for every :43: user. I don't believe it'll be the chosen one, though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    But sooooo many of us already have the 20. I'd just like to get a shot at a NEW lens.

Edit: maybe I'm being greedy. Yes, let a newbie win the 20mm and get hooked on m43! I like it!

• Like Like x 1
  19. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    G3, I'd love to try something a bit more DSLR like than my olympus.

20. Fred49

Fred49 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 24, 2010
    FRance
    pana 20mm 1.7

I got one so i dont need it , but everyone NEEDS one :)
    nothing else i would prefer to olympus equivalent yet.