Help choising ball head

maxphoto

Mu-43 Regular
I am trying to decide on a ball head. I want something good without going overkill or too expensive. I do want friction control as I have one legacy long telephoto I tend to use frequently.
I want something light weight, but sturdy.
I was thinking of the 3 Legged Thing AirHed 0 or one of the Photo Clams.
Any thoughts on these or any others I should consider?
Thanks

WasOM3user

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Paul
I have been pleasantly surprised by the C10X head supplied with my Sirui T-005X tripod.

200 gm and specs state 15kg load capacity - not tested it but it's held my EM-5 with legacy lenses easily and the complete tripod and head for less than the 3LT head alone

kadamnation

Mu-43 Regular
I just got a T-005X as well, after it was recommended to me by the staff at B&H in New York -- I don't do much tripod work but I've been pleased with both the tripod and the ball head so far!

mcasan

Mu-43 All-Pro
Sirui K-20X ballhead on Feisol legs! :biggrin:

This set replaced my RRS BH-55 setting on Gitzo legs. I needed that set for my former 35mm Canon equipment. Can you say heavy?

I was out shooting in the woods and stream beds this weekend. The combo of a M43 body and lens over the Sirui and Feisol is fantastic....and so very much lighter. :wink:

mjgraaf

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Menno
Check Sirui and Benro. You neef a lot less ballhead once you stop mounting these dslr dinosaurs on them :) Having said that, when weight is not an issue, i'm still favoring my big RRS ballhead with Gitzo. Ease of use, not better IQ. Budget and weight will determine therefore your choice...

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

heedpantsnow

Mu-43 Veteran
What did you decide on? I'm always in this dilemma as well. It seems like the smaller, lighter heads that you would use for m4/3 are also lower quality and less features. :frown:

Replytoken

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ken
What did you decide on? I'm always in this dilemma as well. It seems like the smaller, lighter heads that you would use for m4/3 are also lower quality and less features. :frown:
Both Markins and RRS make small ballheads that are full featured. And both companies have reputations for producing quality products. These products are also priced accordingly.

--Ken

maxphoto

Mu-43 Regular
I haven't made a decision yet. I would like to keep the cost under $200. I also want a light set-up as this one is for hiking and will be going on carbon fiber legs.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom