Help! Cannot import RAW files from E-M5 into LR3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by hkpzee, Jul 27, 2012.

1. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    This question might have been asked before, but I cannot find it on any thread.

I am new to Lightroom, and cannot figure out how to import RAW files from my E-M5 into Lightroom 3.6. I already have ACR 6.7 so I have no problem opening my RAW files in Photoshop CS5, but my LR3.6 says it cannot read any of my ORF files when I tried to import them.

Advice much appreciated!

2. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Adobe added support for the E-M5 in Lightroom 4.1. So even though your CameraRaw can do the translation, I bet LR thinks it's unable to handle it.

I think you should just go ahead and update your Lightroom. It's a worthwhile upgrade, the new process model in 4 is quite a bit better than earlier versions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I got my LR3 a while ago (just before I learned about the LR4 launch!), but didn't install it until now because my old desktop was quite outdated and didn't have enough processing power to handle PP works. I finally upgraded my computer, and I was hoping I could use my LR3 for a while before upgrading, but I guess that's not the case... :frown:

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    If you don't mind converting to DNG, it's worth downloading the free Adobe DNG Converter, converting an E-M5 ORF, and seeing if the resulting DNG file imports with LR 3.6. This usually works with newer models (though not always).

DH

• Like Like x 1
  5. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Thanks, DH! Converted the ORF into DNG and got them to work with LR3.6! Still have so much more to learn though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.