1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help! Cannot import RAW files from E-M5 into LR3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by hkpzee, Jul 27, 2012.

1. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    This question might have been asked before, but I cannot find it on any thread.

I am new to Lightroom, and cannot figure out how to import RAW files from my E-M5 into Lightroom 3.6. I already have ACR 6.7 so I have no problem opening my RAW files in Photoshop CS5, but my LR3.6 says it cannot read any of my ORF files when I tried to import them.

Advice much appreciated!

2. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Adobe added support for the E-M5 in Lightroom 4.1. So even though your CameraRaw can do the translation, I bet LR thinks it's unable to handle it.

I think you should just go ahead and update your Lightroom. It's a worthwhile upgrade, the new process model in 4 is quite a bit better than earlier versions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    I got my LR3 a while ago (just before I learned about the LR4 launch!), but didn't install it until now because my old desktop was quite outdated and didn't have enough processing power to handle PP works. I finally upgraded my computer, and I was hoping I could use my LR3 for a while before upgrading, but I guess that's not the case... :frown:

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    If you don't mind converting to DNG, it's worth downloading the free Adobe DNG Converter, converting an E-M5 ORF, and seeing if the resulting DNG file imports with LR 3.6. This usually works with newer models (though not always).

DH

• Like Like x 1
  5. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Thanks, DH! Converted the ORF into DNG and got them to work with LR3.6! Still have so much more to learn though...