Hellow from Duluth MN, (new EPL-1 and first decent camera)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by paulb, Jul 25, 2010.

1. paulb

paulb New to Mu-43

Excited to learn photography basics with EPL-1. I'm young (27) and enjoying first real attempt at a photography hobby since I live in a beautiful part of the world. I'm in Duluth, MN on the tip of Lake Superior in an area surrounded by wild nature, with quite a few industrial/shipping, broken down city scapes mixed in.

I found group via google searches for info on micro 4/3 in order to learn more about how to use my camera, and I appreciate advice regarding photography basics and hope to please a few people with pictures I have taken as I learn how to use my first decent camera (all I've ever had before was a cheap point and shoot, but loved taking pics always).

Have had camera about a month done a fair bit of reading on m4/3 and photography basics. I have kit lens and panny 20 mm (got a deal online for it). I love the camera/kit lens and the panny lens. Admittedly, I have nothing to compare them too of course. Hope to hear from you all as I hope to build myself into a decent photographer.

• Like Like x 2
  2. daimos

daimos Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    Ottawa,Ontario,Canada
    richard
    I've worked in Minneapolis for 5 yrs, and visited Duluth twice. would be nice to see it in pictures again.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome paulb from Duluth, and I am really glad you found your way to mu-43.com and I think you'll find the members here very helpful. Please make yourself comfortable and don't hesitate to post some of your photographs. There's a wide range of experience here and we're all in this quest together.:thumbup:

And congrats on getting a good deal on that 20mm lens, too!:biggrin:

4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Welcome mate. As BBW said 'we're all in this quest together' this forum gave me the inspiration to start taking photos again and I've been bitten hard this time over 6000 photos since the start of the year.

I'm a bit of a young fella as well, just turned 21. I've discovered the love of taking photos sure covers all ages and cultures. Looking forward to some of you pictures.

Sounds like you live in a nice area, being near a lake like that I guess there would be tons of animals around.

Cheerio,
    icon