Hello :)

cmercer

Mu-43 Regular
Good morning!

My name is Chris and I am based in Lancaster, UK.

I recently purchased an Olympus EP1 which unfortunatly developed a hot cell. The chaps I purchased the camera couldn't replace it for another EP1 so I ended up with an EPL1. Admittedly I was dubious first although I genuinly love the little camera.

I am fairly new to photography although it is something I enjoy and I am keen to learn more about. I start a photography course next week and I can't wait! :biggrin:

Thanks, Chris

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi Chris and welcome! People seem to love both their Olympus and Panasonic m4/3 cameras. I have both a GF1 and G1 and they are terrifc. I am an old Nikon user since film days, but these little wonders have captivted me - I'm a total convert. Am getting great pictures with both cameras.

Great on taking the photography course -I took a workshop in the Adirondack Mountains (USA) of upstate NY this summer and you always learn something. I used my G1 for the total time in the workshop and it worked out great. Everyone else had their big Canons and Nikons.

Best wishes.
Peter

Fiddler

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome Chris, and Hello from Edinburgh. Your E-PL1 is a great camera, and you'll be able to do a lot with it - it's very versatile. I have an E-P1, a G1, and a GF1. The DSLR and compacts don't get used much since I took up m4/3!

Enjoy your course :smile:

All the best,

Colin

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hello and welcome Chris. Did you or the shop try pixel mapping to turn off the hot pixel? It's in the menu of Oly's and I usually run it with a new camera to avoid future problems.

cmercer

Mu-43 Regular
Hi Chris and welcome! People seem to love both their Olympus and Panasonic m4/3 cameras. I have both a GF1 and G1 and they are terrifc. I am an old Nikon user since film days, but these little wonders have captivted me - I'm a total convert. Am getting great pictures with both cameras.
Its easy to see why they love them with the quality they produce in such a small neat package. I have been considering purchasing a used medium format camera. My girlfriend has a small selection of Canons and I bought her a Yashica Mat twin lens reflex for Christmas. They are all so much fun (if a little expensive at times)

Great on taking the photography course -I took a workshop in the Adirondack Mountains (USA) of upstate NY this summer and you always learn something. I used my G1 for the total time in the workshop and it worked out great. Everyone else had their big Canons and Nikons.

Best wishes.
Peter
I am very excited about this! Your course sounds amazing, I have always wanted to travel the USA. When I do I'll be sure to pack my E-PL1 :D Its also great to hear you did the course with a G1! I plan to do my course with an E-PL1 and I'm expecting perhaps a few strange looks. My father doesnt see it as a real camera, neither does my girlfriend. I'm looking forward to proving them wrong.

Hello and welcome Chris. Did you or the shop try pixel mapping to turn off the hot pixel? It's in the menu of Oly's and I usually run it with a new camera to avoid future problems.
I didn't, i'm gutted as I never new this existed. Dammit :(
To be fair the EP1 although a lovely camera always seemed to produce very noisy pictures. Although I suppose this could be down to the sensor, if it has a hot pixel?

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome :D

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard, Chris!

My father doesnt see it as a real camera, neither does my girlfriend. I'm looking forward to proving them wrong.
You will have no difficulties proving them wrong.:2thumbs: Perhaps they'd like to stop by the forums, too?:biggrin:

Very glad to have you Chris, and I look forward to seeing your pictures very soon!

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus

Latest threads

Top Bottom