1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by horaceunit, Dec 29, 2010.

1. horaceunit

horaceunit New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2010
    Slower, Lower, Delaware
    Just a quick note to say hello! Recently got an E-PL1 as a replacement for a Canon Rebel XS. I decided to "downsize" to an M43 because of the size- I have gotten tired of hauling a full size digital and lenses. The Olympus was the choice since I (long ago) had an OM1 film SLR and had always thought of it as a great camera. Hope to learn a lot here! Thanks for having me!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome. Great place to hang out.
    Enjoy your camera!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

horaceunit, thanks so much for your intro and for joining us here as a member. I loved my OM-1, as well. I wish we had a little database of everyone's "first" favorite camera... There have been so many of us who first fell for the OM-1.

Congratulations on your E-PL1 - it's a wonderful camera! I look forward to your involvement here, horaceunit.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and hello from Scotland :)

I have an OM1 that my brother gave me earlier in the year, and like using the OM lenses with my 43 cams. The legacy glass makes m43 a fun system.

All the best,

Colin

5. horaceunit

horaceunit New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2010
    Slower, Lower, Delaware
    Thanks all for the welcome! Actually my first camera was a Minolta SRT MC-II that i bought at a Kmart in 1973. A few years later a friend showed me his new OM-1 and I was instantly amazed at it and got one a year or two later. About 8 years ago I finally made the switch to digital and had a Minolta Dimage7. I went to a Canon Rebel XS (mainly because I got a good deal on it). I had wanted to upgrade it (it was 8MP and no video capability) but I realized that I wasn't using it much anyway. My son has a 5MP digital point and shoot, and I had tended to use it a lot more than the Canon because I didn't like hauling the Canon, extra lens, and flash, etc. around. So I started researching and when I found the Olympus Pen cameras it just clicked into place! Off the Canon went to ebay, and once that was sold I began looking at getting the E-PL1. I was actually trying to find the best price on a new one, but I stumbled upon a slightly used one on ebay with the kit lens and the VF-2 for an unbeatable price so I grabbed it! I haven't used the VF much yet, as I want to get all of the controls and settings down pat before I start using it. So far I really like the design of it- and the deal maker was the flash. My shooting is mostly family and vacation shooting, but occasionally I like to go out and "hunt" for photographs (as opposed to pictures). Thanks again for the welcome!