1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by horaceunit, Dec 29, 2010.

1. horaceunit

horaceunit New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2010
    Slower, Lower, Delaware
    Just a quick note to say hello! Recently got an E-PL1 as a replacement for a Canon Rebel XS. I decided to "downsize" to an M43 because of the size- I have gotten tired of hauling a full size digital and lenses. The Olympus was the choice since I (long ago) had an OM1 film SLR and had always thought of it as a great camera. Hope to learn a lot here! Thanks for having me!

• Like Like x 4
  2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome. Great place to hang out.
    Enjoy your camera!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

horaceunit, thanks so much for your intro and for joining us here as a member. I loved my OM-1, as well. I wish we had a little database of everyone's "first" favorite camera... There have been so many of us who first fell for the OM-1.

Congratulations on your E-PL1 - it's a wonderful camera! I look forward to your involvement here, horaceunit.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and hello from Scotland :) 

I have an OM1 that my brother gave me earlier in the year, and like using the OM lenses with my 43 cams. The legacy glass makes m43 a fun system.

All the best,

Colin

5. horaceunit

horaceunit New to Mu-43

Dec 29, 2010
    Slower, Lower, Delaware
    Thanks all for the welcome! Actually my first camera was a Minolta SRT MC-II that i bought at a Kmart in 1973. A few years later a friend showed me his new OM-1 and I was instantly amazed at it and got one a year or two later. About 8 years ago I finally made the switch to digital and had a Minolta Dimage7. I went to a Canon Rebel XS (mainly because I got a good deal on it). I had wanted to upgrade it (it was 8MP and no video capability) but I realized that I wasn't using it much anyway. My son has a 5MP digital point and shoot, and I had tended to use it a lot more than the Canon because I didn't like hauling the Canon, extra lens, and flash, etc. around. So I started researching and when I found the Olympus Pen cameras it just clicked into place! Off the Canon went to ebay, and once that was sold I began looking at getting the E-PL1. I was actually trying to find the best price on a new one, but I stumbled upon a slightly used one on ebay with the kit lens and the VF-2 for an unbeatable price so I grabbed it! I haven't used the VF much yet, as I want to get all of the controls and settings down pat before I start using it. So far I really like the design of it- and the deal maker was the flash. My shooting is mostly family and vacation shooting, but occasionally I like to go out and "hunt" for photographs (as opposed to pictures). Thanks again for the welcome!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.