1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by AdamSF, Oct 17, 2013.

1. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    Hey there,

I just got off the phone with KEH.com. They're sending a check for the Canon lenses, flashes, etc that I sent them. So, I just ordered a reconditioned silver EM-5 and a black reconditioned 40-150mm f4.0-5.6 R from Olympus and a used silver 17mm 1.8 from KEH.

I've been a Canon user for years, but I've been lusting after the EM-5 since I first saw it. Extensive use of a wonderful Pen FT (film) kit made it worse. When my 60D broke, Canon wanted $470 to fix it. They sell refurbished ones for $520.

I saw my chance. Gave a few Canon items to my daughter, sold the rest of my stuff to KEH and now I'm one very impatient Mu-43'er-to-be.

See ya around!

Adam

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Adam!

I too bought the E-M5 (partly) because of previous experiences with a Pen F-T; it was my first "real" camera purchased new in 1969.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the E-M5.

Glad to have you with us.

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 1
  3. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    Thanks, Jim.

When I ordered the E-M5, Olympus said it would ship in "one to two weeks." I was ready to be impatient, but FedEx says it will be delivered tomorrow morning! Not too bad considering I ordered it the afternoon of the 17th. Woot!

I've been camera-less for a few weeks now. (My FT is being serviced.) I'm excited.

(By the way, I've lived in San Francisco for a long time, but I grew up in Detroit.)

• Like Like x 1
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing some photos. :smile:

5. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Welcome to the first stage of permanent GAS :biggrin:

6. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    Well, I'm deep in the morass that is the Olympus User Interface. Wow, but they need some software and UI designers that are as good as their camera and lens designers. Thanks to a bunch of threads here and some at other forums, and some other sites, and a few YouTube videos, I'm starting to get a handle on using this thing. Thanks for all the help guys!

7. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Adam. Sounds like you got a deal on a great m4/3 kit!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy the change in equipment; you will be surprised how often you have it with you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AdamSF

AdamSF Shutterbugger

Oct 13, 2013
    San Francisco, CA
    Adam
    Got a few minutes in the back yard this evening. Here's a sample:

Buddha garden statue
    17mm, f/1.8, 1/60, ISO 800

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50689195@N02/10485642154/" title="E-M5 test #1 by aweiss.sf, on Flickr"> 10485642154_c93d875964_o. "1000" height="829" alt="E-M5 test #1"></a>

• Like Like x 1
  10. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    Nice photo and welcome.

I was a Canon SLR shooter for about 13 years. After testing the m4/3 waters I sold all my Canon gear and now I'm a m4/3 shooter and loving the size and weight.

• Like Like x 1
  11. winnie123

winnie123 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2012
    London, U.K
    Marilyn
    Welcome aboard Adam :smile: