Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by laogu, Sep 24, 2012.

1. laogu

laogu New to Mu-43

Sep 24, 2012
    SE Idaho
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Scott Galer. I teach Chinese and chair a department of languages and international studies at a private university in southeastern Idaho. For as long as I can remember, I've enjoyed making photographs as a hobby. In recent years as my family has grown and my career has become more demanding, I've had less time to devote to hobbies.

As I write, my first micro four-thirds camera is on its way to me. I ordered a refurbished Olympus PEN E-PM1 this weekend. Thanks to those who reviewed and commented on this camera in the mu-43 forums. Your comments were insightful and helped me make my decision about which camera to purchase as I make this foray into this new (to me) format.

I look forward to learning from you further.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Welcome to the forum, Scott! Have a look around the forum and for sure, you'll get your certain place in this great forum. Xie xie!

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App
  3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Scott, and congratulations on the E-PM1!

Are you in Idaho Falls? A beautiful area... close to the Tetons and Sawtooth Mtns. :thumbup: I lived in Boise for a while and was in and around Idaho Falls a few times to visit a customer.
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Welcome to the forum!
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Welcome Scott - this is a great place to learn and a great place to share photos. Enjoy your new camera! You can also find lots of good lens suggestions here as well. :smile:
  6. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
  7. laogu

laogu New to Mu-43

Sep 24, 2012
    SE Idaho
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! Kyle, I am just up the road from Idaho Falls in Rexburg. We are about 90 minutes south of the west entrance of Yellowstone National Park.

Still waiting on that camera and lurking around!