Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jcarrith, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jcarrith

Jcarrith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Long time lurker, just decided to get involved. I have a G3, an E-PL1, and an Olympus e620. My primary photography is macro and near macro. I am also the primary Gandpaparazzi to my first grandchild. I love my Tamron 90mm f2.5 and my Panagor 55mm. My bankbook has suffered from significant GAS in the form of probably 25-30 manual focus lenses. Besides the macros which also include the Olympus 50mm f3.5 and the 4/3 35mm, I have a bellows system with a raft of enlarger lenses as well as a reversed Helios 103 (very sharp), and the Olympus 80mm f4. My favorite manual lenses includes the Helios 44, Fujinon 55m 1.8, Yashinon 50mm 1.7, 5-7 Minoltas (all sharp) and of course the Olympus 50mm 1.8. My current top nifty fifty is a Pentax 55mm 1.8 Super-Tak I got with a microscope adapter (more on that later). I also have a number of other longer lenses (Tamrom, Vivitar, Olympus) but my current fav is an old Adaptomatic Tamron 200mm someone sold me as junk for $7 that weighs a ton and just has a beautiful sharp rendering. I just bagged a Pany 14mm on ebay and I must say it is a revelation compared to the kit lenses and the 45-200. I will post some photos as soon as I figure out how.

• Like Like x 1
  2. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Welcome! Sounds like you have some really cool gear. Looking forward to seeing your examples. There is a big adapter lens presence on here so I'm sure you will enjoy looking through the work of others in that section.

3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME ...

... fellow Jayhawker. I'm from Topeka. Now a Texan. See ya around the forums. :thumbup:

4. Jcarrith

Jcarrith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Colorado
    OK I think I have it figured out. The two pics are of an adult antlion I found in my backyard. I labled the slide as a dobson fly but when I opened it Lightroom it was obviosly not a dobson fly

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! You have a lot of cool macro gear. Look forward to seeing more of your work - love the two posted above. :thumbup:

6. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Hmmmmmm ... I hit the thanks button for your images but nothing happened. Maybe it will get fixed later. :confused: