1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Jcarrith, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Jcarrith

Jcarrith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Long time lurker, just decided to get involved. I have a G3, an E-PL1, and an Olympus e620. My primary photography is macro and near macro. I am also the primary Gandpaparazzi to my first grandchild. I love my Tamron 90mm f2.5 and my Panagor 55mm. My bankbook has suffered from significant GAS in the form of probably 25-30 manual focus lenses. Besides the macros which also include the Olympus 50mm f3.5 and the 4/3 35mm, I have a bellows system with a raft of enlarger lenses as well as a reversed Helios 103 (very sharp), and the Olympus 80mm f4. My favorite manual lenses includes the Helios 44, Fujinon 55m 1.8, Yashinon 50mm 1.7, 5-7 Minoltas (all sharp) and of course the Olympus 50mm 1.8. My current top nifty fifty is a Pentax 55mm 1.8 Super-Tak I got with a microscope adapter (more on that later). I also have a number of other longer lenses (Tamrom, Vivitar, Olympus) but my current fav is an old Adaptomatic Tamron 200mm someone sold me as junk for $7 that weighs a ton and just has a beautiful sharp rendering. I just bagged a Pany 14mm on ebay and I must say it is a revelation compared to the kit lenses and the 45-200. I will post some photos as soon as I figure out how.

• Like Like x 1
  2. danska

danska Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Joe
    Welcome! Sounds like you have some really cool gear. Looking forward to seeing your examples. There is a big adapter lens presence on here so I'm sure you will enjoy looking through the work of others in that section.

3. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

WELCOME ...

... fellow Jayhawker. I'm from Topeka. Now a Texan. See ya around the forums. :thumbup:

4. Jcarrith

Jcarrith Mu-43 Regular

Apr 26, 2012
    Colorado
    OK I think I have it figured out. The two pics are of an adult antlion I found in my backyard. I labled the slide as a dobson fly but when I opened it Lightroom it was obviosly not a dobson fly

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome! You have a lot of cool macro gear. Look forward to seeing more of your work - love the two posted above. :thumbup:

6. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Hmmmmmm ... I hit the thanks button for your images but nothing happened. Maybe it will get fixed later. :confused: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.