1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by pj13, Jul 6, 2012.

1. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    Hello all,

I am an artist based in Seattle and have been reading these forums since I got my EPL1 a couple of months ago, they have been very helpful and informative. In fact I have gone in these short two months from taking pictures for fun to having two installations of my photos.

I have a question about how large I can make my prints from my EPL1 but I am not sure if this is the right place. I made some 11 x 14s and they look great, but I would like to make some really, really big prints, 20 x 30 or bigger if possible. I am new to making prints and just thought I'd ask. I don't want to have to upgrade my camera if I don't have to, but I think some larger prints would help in what I am trying to accomplish.

Thanks much and Hello!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacojones13/

2. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    Just did some Googling and I think I can get pretty big without issue. Someone on a thread in another forum said up 50" with a good capture at 12 mp should turn out fine. (Of course, it would need to be viewed at somewhat of a distance.) My EPL-1 is so inspiring I think before I look into upgrading, I'll just get some huge prints made and see. :) Thanks for reading anyway.

3. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    First off, welcome! It sounds like you've gotten up to speed quickly. Lots of really nice images in your Flickr stream as well. Where are your installations? I'd love to check them out.

As to your question of print sizes, 12MP shots can really be blown up to just about any size. Obviously, as prints get larger, viewing distances will need to increase as well, so some pixelization is going to be expected, but it shouldn't really be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  4. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    Thank you very much for your compliment and your reply, DeeJayK. Well, my first one is at a salon in Ballard, near Golden Gardens park called Drala. They hang a lot of local art. They second is for the Olympia Arts Walk in October in downtown Olympia, WA at Inklife. I was surprised to get both things happening at once and it has helped my confidence a good deal, makes me want to try for more galleries around Seattle.

I am also a musician and more comfortable dealing with club owners and bookers than gallery owners, but I think I may continue and give it a try.

I was just looking at your gallery and I really like the mailboxes and the art cars. :) My son loves seeing those cars around town.

5. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Hello and welcome....

the E-pl1 is okay I guess..............!

• Like Like x 1
  6. pj13

pj13 Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2012
    Seattle
    Paco
    :biggrin: I was just looking at your "Lovely Color..." post and loving those shots. The color is quite nice. I'm going to have to try your settings.