Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mandoo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Hi all, my names Mandy and I've got moved into to the four thirds world by picking up a used Panasonic G1.
    I've been taking photos for a while, but still class myself as a beginner.
    Just thought I'd join up here to learn more about my equipment and how best to use it.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    hi Mandy,

Welcome, I bought my G1 used, 2 years ago, and I'm still using it today. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here, so go ahead and ask anything. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures here.

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
  4. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    Hello Mandy i have just joined here myself.Have fun.
  5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hey Mandy ..welcome to this wonderful forum and an interesting world of MFT .U will love this place . Just do two things .. shoot lots of pics and ask as many as questions u can ask . Now please tell what lens u have with ur G1? Is it panasonic 14-45 mm ? If u want maximum out of ur camera then u need to start investing in prime lenses my job here is to lure people to buy Olympus 45 mm 1.8 prime lens . Anyway enjoy ur camera and hope to see Essex thro ur eye.
  6. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Welcome Mandy. There's no shortage of helpful advice on here so you've come to the right place. Good shooting ...
  7. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

At the moment I've got the Panasonic 14-42mm and 45-200mm lenses.
    I'm on a budget at the moment as I've just lost my job and can't afford to spend on luxuries. I will make the most of what I've got for now, but I hope to replace the 14-42 with the 20mm and 45mm primes in the long run though.
  8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Thats fine .I started the same way and kit lenses are quite good . Now I have special place in my kit or panasonic 45-200 mm .I love this lens and It can be easily used as a portrait lens. We would love to see Essex thro ur camera. I might visit UK in late May or early June this year.I cant wait to get back to the city I love .
  9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, Mandy~