Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Mandoo, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Hi all, my names Mandy and I've got moved into to the four thirds world by picking up a used Panasonic G1.
    I've been taking photos for a while, but still class myself as a beginner.
    Just thought I'd join up here to learn more about my equipment and how best to use it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Warren T.

Warren T. Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2010
    San Francisco
    hi Mandy,

Welcome, I bought my G1 used, 2 years ago, and I'm still using it today. There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people here, so go ahead and ask anything. I look forward to seeing some of your pictures here.

--Warren

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Welcome Mandy!

4. Neon

Neon Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    North Wales,UK.
    Hello Mandy i have just joined here myself.Have fun.
    Neil

5. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hey Mandy ..welcome to this wonderful forum and an interesting world of MFT .U will love this place . Just do two things .. shoot lots of pics and ask as many as questions u can ask . Now please tell what lens u have with ur G1? Is it panasonic 14-45 mm ? If u want maximum out of ur camera then u need to start investing in prime lenses my job here is to lure people to buy Olympus 45 mm 1.8 prime lens . Anyway enjoy ur camera and hope to see Essex thro ur eye.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

6. PickleB

PickleB Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    UK - J6 on the M25
    Welcome Mandy. There's no shortage of helpful advice on here so you've come to the right place. Good shooting ...

7. Mandoo

Mandoo Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2012
    Essex, UK
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.

At the moment I've got the Panasonic 14-42mm and 45-200mm lenses.
    I'm on a budget at the moment as I've just lost my job and can't afford to spend on luxuries. I will make the most of what I've got for now, but I hope to replace the 14-42 with the 20mm and 45mm primes in the long run though.

8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Thats fine .I started the same way and kit lenses are quite good . Now I have special place in my kit or panasonic 45-200 mm .I love this lens and It can be easily used as a portrait lens. We would love to see Essex thro ur camera. I might visit UK in late May or early June this year.I cant wait to get back to the city I love .
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Welcome, Mandy~

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.