Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Stevenator65, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Stevenator65

Stevenator65 New to Mu-43

Apr 25, 2011
    I just registered at this site. I want to graduate from a point and shoot, but don't want to spend a ton on a DSLR, so I'm seriously considering a micro 4/3. I thought by joining this site I'd learn more about what camera would work for me.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Welcome, Stevenator! I hope you'll be back...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/5633933827/" title="welcome by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"600" height="326" alt="welcome"></a> Mate
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Hi Stevenator,

Make yourself at home, and feel free to ask questions!
  5. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
  6. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Hello right back at you. If you've decided to get reasonably serious about your photography ... then a m4/3 system is a great place to advance your knowledge and skills. Most people here don't bite so feel free to ask your questions. There are member across the US and the world so hopefully you'll find someone here you can meet mano-y-mano and take you higher on the learning curve.

Cheers from California,
  7. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON

Keep in mind that all system cameras are far from a cheap investment, and m43 gear is priced at something of a premium. If cost is the major concern, you can possibly get more for your money in low-end DSLRs. The real gain over the DSLR offerings is size/weight, at the cost of some dynamic range and the price...
  8. Stevenator65

Stevenator65 New to Mu-43

Apr 25, 2011
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!
  9. k4t

k4t Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Welcome! I hope you have fun whichever camera system you decide on. This forum has been a enormous help to me buying my first micro four thirds last week.