Hello World!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by cbrock, Feb 12, 2011.

1. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just wanted to say hello to all of those who have been unknowingly helping me over the last month with my photography and camera. I've been reading a lot of the opinions and reviews and looking at pictures to help my photography skills grow. I had to give thanks to everyone who contributes, so I figured I should join up and contribute too.

I've been into photography since I was probably 10 and was using a canon rebel SLR around age 16 for a few years before switching to digtial point and shoots for the last several years. Back in August I wanted to switch back to SLR, but wanted to keep the compactness, so the GF1 fit the bill.

I'm hoping I can learn from all the great photographers on here to become better myself and hope some others improve on their skills.

Thanks for everything so far!

• Like Like x 4
  2. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Welcome to the forum, Chris! Looks like you are off to a great start with the camera (from looking at your flickr photos).
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome and Hello from Scotland.

All the best,

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Chris, welcome aboard and congrats on making the move to ยต43!:2thumbs:

Please be sure to post some of your photographs within the image threads when you have the time.:biggrin:
    • Like Like x 2
  5. cbrock

cbrock Mu-43 Regular

Feb 12, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks for saying hello everyone. I had been wondering lately if I had made the right choice not going with a full DSLR, but last night I saw what makes the GF1 so great. I was at a house warming party for a friend and another guy was there with a 7D. I was a bit jealous at first, but when I pulled my GF1 from my coat pocket, he was the one jealous of the size and portability. He loved the 20mm prime compared to his kit lens he had on. After a few minutes of camera talk and a few shots, I slipped my camera back in my coat pocket, while his big camera hung around his neck the rest of the night :biggrin:

Some of the results were a little blurry, but I was shooting in auto just to show him some things, but I love the ability to shoot in situations without a flash and pushing the ISO too high.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

I've had the same experience shooting street scenes. Guys with big cameras obviously liking the look of the small and fast GF1, compared to what they are lugging around.

Maybe they'll be liberated and come here :smile:
  7. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England