Hello warm greeting from sunny Singapore

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hello all,

Just want to say hi to all in this forum, it's great to see a dedicated M43 forum with lots of users & pics & info sharing. :2thumbs:

I'm from tiny Singapore with a big heart :smile:
And here we have 2 weather conditions - sunny or rainy. Pretty much temperature and humidity are in the 80-90oF & % (>30oC) in the daytime. We speak mainly English, and Mandarin, & also "Singlish (singaporean english)".

Been using Oly Pens since EP1 and prior Oly DSLR, love the colors for lazy me, love the IBIS & EVF for manual lens, love the international warranty for the "GAS" bug in me.

Here's 2 recent Singapore pics taken with E-PL2 & 9-18 to share.

Serene side of Singapore, Chinese garden
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Busy side of Singapore, CBD Shenton way.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for viewing. Have a nice day!

Alanroseman

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to the board!

Nice to have you here with us, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Cheers, from New England

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome to the board!

Nice to have you here with us, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay.

Cheers, from New England
Thanks Alan! Sure will:smile:

Welcome, nice to meet you.
Thanks DMC, nice to meet u too!

Beautiful photos! Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Jane, surely the scene is much nicer than my pictures!

welcome to mu4/3
Thanks shoturtle!

Let me know if I can be of help if any of you are in town:smile:

jc_rex

Mu-43 Regular
Hi wonglp! welcome to the forums! I was just there in SG last December to visit my brother who just moved there! very cool pics! hope to see more from ya! :D :D

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hello and welcome wonglp. We share the same timezone but not the humidity.
Good day mate! We share the same passion for photography too, thanks!

Hi wonglp! welcome to the forums! I was just there in SG last December to visit my brother who just moved there! very cool pics! hope to see more from ya! :D :D
Thanks jc_rex! December is the rainy season, if not the temperature is really nice!

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Veteran
I remember taking a night pic of Shenton Way when the major highway (can't remember what it's called) first opened years ago. My friend and I were running across traffic (not as heavy back then) with tripods and camera bags just to take a couple of pics. I may be considering a trip back home in October to visit the relatives.

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Top-o-the-Morn from California. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Gary
Thanks Gary!

I remember taking a night pic of Shenton Way when the major highway (can't remember what it's called) first opened years ago. My friend and I were running across traffic (not as heavy back then) with tripods and camera bags just to take a couple of pics. I may be considering a trip back home in October to visit the relatives.

Hi turbodieselvw, fellow Singaporean?

Highway should be east coast parkway (ECP) which passes through Benjamin Sheares Bridge.

Must be couple decades ago! Singapore CBD skyline has been evolving in 3 years, even for locals it's amazing. The One Fullerton, Marina, Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands stands in front of the Shenton Way.

LP

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
A slightly belated welcome to you wonglp from a still cold and wintry New York!

I think I am in love with your serene Singapore - that is a really lovely image. If you happen to have a website for hosting your photographs, please consider adding it to your signature line.

Very glad to have you here wonglp!

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
A slightly belated welcome to you wonglp from a still cold and wintry New York!

I think I am in love with your serene Singapore - that is a really lovely image. If you happen to have a website for hosting your photographs, please consider adding it to your signature line.

Very glad to have you here wonglp!
Thanks BBW! I hope to do so soon.

A welcome from cold Belgium.
On this moment 1° Celsius, i wish to be there.
Thanks plimsol, Belgium beer and chocs r good, wish to be there someday too!

turbodieselvw

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes, ECP would be it and we hiked up to the apex of the bridge to take the pics. That was when the ECP was just constructed so at least 25 yrs or so ago. Born, grew up, and completed NS in Singapore before moving to Canada where we had over a foot of snow last night.

Thanks Gary!

Hi turbodieselvw, fellow Singaporean?

Highway should be east coast parkway (ECP) which passes through Benjamin Sheares Bridge.

Must be couple decades ago! Singapore CBD skyline has been evolving in 3 years, even for locals it's amazing. The One Fullerton, Marina, Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands stands in front of the Shenton Way.

LP

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom