1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello - Nikon User Coming on over

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sylvesterii, Jun 21, 2011.

1. sylvesterii

sylvesterii Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time Nikon shooter, who is tired of carrying my good (and large) camera and lenses around all the time. Just picked up an E-P1, 14-42 and 20 f/1.7. Just need to figure out a flash, and I will be set for a little while!

Any good, small flashes out there for micro four thirds? Something like a Nikon SB-400 would be great.

2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome aboard from a former Canon DSLR shooter.

I too was tired of lugging, and ending up with only P&S pics because I didn't feel like carrying that Cannon Canon around...

You'll enjoy it here, and within a few minutes you'll be seeing folks answer your flash question... I use an Olympus FL-36....

Cheers from New England, Alan

3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Welcome aboard!
    I'm a Nikon user too (and I still have & use mine) :smile:

But I also have an E-PL1 & E-PL2 :wink:

4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome.

I dunno - maybe you will regret your move. You do realize that M4/3 cameras cannot, under any circumstances match traditional DSLRs? They can't shoot action of any kind. And they have zero Dynamic Range....
    :biggrin:

Kidding of course. Enjoy!

5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I do.

6. sylvesterii

sylvesterii Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    Oh, I'm not giving up on my Nikon gear. Just looking for a more portable option for when I don't want to lug it all around. The E-P1 with the 20 f/1.7 will easily fit in my brief case, so I can have it with me basically all the time.

RT_Panther, I think I recognize your avatar from the Cafe. Glad to be in good company!

7. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Hi Sylvesterii

I too moved from larger systems. I used smaller format cameras that much that my DSLR was just gathering dust. So I sold it. I too need more info on flash for MFT so I have just started a thread asking members what they use.

8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard!!

9. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome to this superb site from another Nikon user (still got mine and will not get rid of it).

You will find a wealth of expertise and helpful members on this site who will provide constructive advice - enjoy.