Hello - Nikon User Coming on over

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by sylvesterii, Jun 21, 2011.

1. sylvesterii

sylvesterii Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a long time Nikon shooter, who is tired of carrying my good (and large) camera and lenses around all the time. Just picked up an E-P1, 14-42 and 20 f/1.7. Just need to figure out a flash, and I will be set for a little while!

Any good, small flashes out there for micro four thirds? Something like a Nikon SB-400 would be great.
  2. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome aboard from a former Canon DSLR shooter.

I too was tired of lugging, and ending up with only P&S pics because I didn't feel like carrying that Cannon Canon around...

You'll enjoy it here, and within a few minutes you'll be seeing folks answer your flash question... I use an Olympus FL-36....

Cheers from New England, Alan
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Welcome aboard!
    I'm a Nikon user too (and I still have & use mine) :smile:

But I also have an E-PL1 & E-PL2 :wink:
  4. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

I dunno - maybe you will regret your move. You do realize that M4/3 cameras cannot, under any circumstances match traditional DSLRs? They can't shoot action of any kind. And they have zero Dynamic Range....

Kidding of course. Enjoy!
  5. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    I hope you enjoy your camera as much as I do.
  6. sylvesterii

sylvesterii Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2011
    Oh, I'm not giving up on my Nikon gear. Just looking for a more portable option for when I don't want to lug it all around. The E-P1 with the 20 f/1.7 will easily fit in my brief case, so I can have it with me basically all the time.

RT_Panther, I think I recognize your avatar from the Cafe. Glad to be in good company!
  7. Toonman

Toonman Mu-43 Regular

Jul 19, 2010
    Hi Sylvesterii

I too moved from larger systems. I used smaller format cameras that much that my DSLR was just gathering dust. So I sold it. I too need more info on flash for MFT so I have just started a thread asking members what they use.
  8. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Welcome aboard!!
  9. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome to this superb site from another Nikon user (still got mine and will not get rid of it).

You will find a wealth of expertise and helpful members on this site who will provide constructive advice - enjoy.