Hello! New to m43!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by ProjectMayhem, Aug 21, 2013.

1. ProjectMayhem

ProjectMayhem New to Mu-43

Aug 21, 2013
    Hello -

I have been shooting with varying degrees of frequency for almost ten years. I have used mostly Canon stuff. I started with the original digital rebel 300d and currently have a 5D2.

On a recent trip to Paris I brought a lot of my gear however when I went out I was hesitant to bring any of it with me, both for the weight and the obtrusiveness of the camera/lens/bag needed to carry it. So I ended up using my compact S100 90% of the time.

When I got home from that trip I was stunned by the images I was able to achieve with my S100 and the headroom that was a available for post processing. It kind of made me reevaluate my needs and what would inspire me to shoot more frequently rather than the super formal style of shooting I always did with my dslr. So I started looking at m43 and some aps-c mirrorless options as well.

Today I purchased an OMD EM-5 from a member on this forum and I am very excited to start learning it. I am selling off most of my Canon gear, keeping the 5D2 and 24-70. Occasionally I do semi-pro work with it and I'm hesitant to let it go just yet.

Now, away I go to figure out what lens(es) I need!!!
  2. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Excellent! Always a delightful thing to learn of. May you have much joy brought to you by the discovery of high quality, portable photography!
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan

Welcome aboard!