Hello Mu-4/3!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by RobR, Jun 19, 2013.

1. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    I started taking pictures when I got my first camera, around age 6 (It was a 2.1 megapixel HP Photosmart 635). I really started to get into it when I recieved a Nikon S570 Compact (still one of the best compacts out there for the money IMO) and started to fiddle with those settings of "ISO" and "Light Metering". With that, I was hooked. Even more so when my father pulled out his two old Olympus OM-1 film cameras. After rebuilding one of them (don't ask) I used for the entire summer of 2012, adjusting the focus, aperture and shutter speed by hand. By the end, I was left feeling the need for a digital camera that could deliver the same feel. Unfortunately, a DSLR was out of the question (I was 16 and didn't have $1000 lying around) and when I asked for a manual camera at the store, the man brought me a Leica M9 (wonderful, but the price....) I finally settled on the Micro Four Thirds line, deciding on the E-PL2 because of the price and the fact it was the last generation to have the built in flash. I owe more photos to this camera than any other, including some of the best photos in our school's yearbook, stunning action shots of rowing and breathtaking shots of the Grand Canal in Venice.
    By the way, if you are still reading this, I applaud you.

My arsenal:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Collings Foundation's P-51C Mustang "Betty Jane"

[​IMG]
    1988 Ferrari F40

[​IMG]
    1963 Ferrari 250 LM

[​IMG]
    Sunset over Manhattan, taken from an airplane flying into LaGuardia International

[​IMG]
    Chase Rowing team, First Boat, at Berkshire

[​IMG]
    Chase Rowing team at The Head of the Charles, 2012

[​IMG]
    My cat, Cocoa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Taken inside a church in Siena

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Grand Canal, Venice, Italy

Thank You Micro Four Thirds!

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Rob, welcome aboard!

That's a very nice collection of photographs.

:2thumbs:

Regards,

Jim

3. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Thank you very much!

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome to the forum. I love your arsenal and you got some excellent photos. Keep it up! :2thumbs:

5. RobR

RobR Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Connecticut, USA
    Robert Reinhardt
    Thank you, I appreciate it!