1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello micro 4/3 users

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by halfhand, Jun 20, 2013.

1. halfhand

halfhand Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2013
    I have already tried some m43 cameras but the other day I first saw in live a omd em-5 and that really size really impressed me!
    (my only camera at this moment is an Olympus E1 so you can think the differences). Until that day I only new the em-5 from pictures and videos, I don't usually enjoy shops.

So I wanted to hand hold (as it was specified that we could) it and see some things but the alarm magnet attached to it was too lose and rang. The shop assistants said that it was ok, that I could grab it, the alarm had that problem... but then it rang again and again and after turning it off 4 times, they decided that we better wait until it is fix to grab the camera... because the security people were starting to panic.

It was one of those big electronic supermarkets. It looks like they didn't really care about possible sales. It's not that I can afford to buy one now, but they directly told me: aren't you interested in our nikon dslr kits? They even include a tripod and transport bag!

Anyway, micro four thirds is my system. I'm just being quite slow about it.

2. Danny_SWE

Danny_SWE Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 30, 2013
    Sweden (Gothenburg)
    hehe, the sales person will most likely sell you the more expensive DSLR-systems, imagine if you come back and would like to buy a tele-zoom for your Nikon, they would be more than happy to help you ;)

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Halfhand, welcome aboard!

I hope you get a chance to check out an "unalarmed" OM-D; I like mine very much indeed.

Regards,

Jim

4. halfhand

halfhand Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2013
    Thank you.
    I want to start with a pen or g and wait until the new omd is released and prices of the em5 are lowered.