Hello from Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Rich L, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Rich L

Rich L Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 6, 2011
    Hello all!

I'm a 54 year old Yorkshire man who's been into photography for the last 30 years or so. I come from a film background (like we all did!) but I still use a lot of film, all B+W and in sizes from 35mm up to 5x4".

I've always been a real fan of Olympus gear from OM1/2 days, and I've stuck with them (despite what my Canon user mate says) into digital. Some of the Olympus lenses are trully brilliant, and I am a user of the DSLR's but now looking at m43.

What is catching my eye is the Panasonic series, especially the GH2 and G3, and at some point I'll get one - really dont know the one as yet, but I'm leaning to the GH2. What appeals there is walking round with a small body and a couple of pancake lenses, and I can also use existing 43 lenses.

I'm looking foreward to joining in the forums!

Cheers all!
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Gday Rich and welcome to our home. I hope you'll join in the conversations and in the near future see some of your photos.

I'm a younger guy so I don't know much about film but now that is all changing with my newly acquired Nikon EL2 and i'm having fun with it. Previously all I've had is P&S cameras with just an LCD screen so i'm enjoying what you guys have grown up with and that being the simple viewfinder. Many guys have trouble getting used to the GF1 without the finder but because it's something I never had It never caused me any problems.

see you round,