1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello From Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by randyjlarson, Mar 27, 2012.

1. randyjlarson

randyjlarson New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2012
    Iowa County, Wisconsin
    I have been visiting this site for a year or so and thought it was time to register and contribute. I have appreciated all of the information I have found here, and the civility that this forum seems to have. I make my living as a landscape photographer with my work being in the Upper Midwest (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa and Michigan's Upper Peninsula). I have some galleries in the region, but much of my work is sold to health care facilities for very large decor, up to 20' wide and sometimes backlit with LED light panels. This work is done with 4x5 and 6x17cm panoramic cameras.

About two years ago I started a project where I needed a small camera, so I bought a Panasonic GF 1 with 14-45mm and 20mm lenses. I have been very impressed with this little camera and am going to be buying a second m43 body this Spring. On my website www.randylarsonphotography.com there are two projects that show some of the work with the GF 1. The Photo-A-Day Project was photographed with the GF 1 for 90% of the images (with a few Canon 5dII images as well) and the Wisconsin Bike Trip was shot exclusively with the GF 1 and 14-45mm lens. I am hoping to do another project later this Spring using bicycle travel and m43 cameras.

Thanks again for allowing me to be part of the forum.
    Randy

2. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Hello Randy. I'm a big fan (and resident of) the midwest. I'd love to see your work, but your link doesn't work for me.

3. randyjlarson

Mar 27, 2012
    Iowa County, Wisconsin
  4. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for the link!

5. Hi! Thanks for the link to your website. A few photos look familiar. "Ice Wall & Alder", Sea Caves east of Myers Beach? Have stopped many times at the beach at Corny, the "Finish Line" of your WI Bike Trip. The artesian well is a nice source of cool, fresh water for a drink and refill on long summer training rides.

Home is up along the SouthShore on the Bayfield Peninsula. Any opportunities to visit Big Rock Park or Houghton Falls Conservancy? New park on the Red Cliff reservation opening to the public this autumn. Frog Bay National Tribal Park. ~90 acres with ~1/4mi of beach along the Lake + additional shoreline & views of a number of the Apostle Islands. Only local mainland chunk of land with "old growth" forest.

6. blaffendespin

blaffendespin Mu-43 Regular

Feb 28, 2012
    Rexburg, ID
    Great website. Love the pics. Welcome to mu-43!

7. randyjlarson

Mar 27, 2012
    Iowa County, Wisconsin
    I love the Apostle Islands area and have a cousin that lives just outside of Washburn. I believe I have photographed the shoreline that will now be part of the new tribal park land, I think it is called Eagle Bay? I have camped and fished at Big Rock Park. Tell me more about the Houghton Falls Conservancy. I also love the mouth of the Brule River and the area south to the town of Brule. Have you done any photography on the Apostle Islands themselves? Thanks everyone for the welcome.