Hello from Wirral, England

AndyOMD

New to Mu-43
Hi everybody. My names Andy and I'm a frequent lurker to this forum now coming out into the light.

I've been into photography as a keen enthusiast for 10 years or so. I got into 4/3s when I decided to replace my no.2 camera, canon powershot, with something less noisy and CA-ridden. I plumbed for a Panny G1 kit off ebay and bought the 20mm prime to go with it.

My main quality shooter was a Fuji Finepix S5 (ie Nikon D200) at the time. I had a handful of lenses for that and the whole kit was a bulky thing to drag around. The writing was on the wall when I took both kits to Cornwall for two weeks and didn't use the Fuji once. I took the plunge when i got back and sold it all off on eBay, G1 kit included to fund a brand new OMD!

I couldn't be happier, rocking the OMD with a set of primes; 20mm f1.7, 45mm f1.8 and the 75mm f1.8

I'm a thirty something married dad of 1 plus a second offspring on the way. I love shooting portraits, landscapes, my daughter and anything quirky that catches my eye. I'd love to get into long exposure stuff and I've very recently been mucking about with a cokin ND 8

I've been really impressed with the pleasant vibe amongst the posters here and I hope I've got something to contribute now and again.

Cheers

AndyOMD

New to Mu-43
AndyOMD said:
Hi everybody. My names Andy and I'm a frequent lurker to this forum now coming out into the light.

I've been into photography as a keen enthusiast for 10 years or so. I got into 4/3s when I decided to replace my no.2 camera, canon powershot, with something less noisy and CA-ridden. I plumbed for a Panny G1 kit off ebay and bought the 20mm prime to go with it.

My main quality shooter was a Fuji Finepix S5 (ie Nikon D200) at the time. I had a handful of lenses for that and the whole kit was a bulky thing to drag around. The writing was on the wall when I took both kits to Cornwall for two weeks and didn't use the Fuji once. I took the plunge when i got back and sold it all off on eBay, G1 kit included to fund a brand new OMD!

I couldn't be happier, rocking the OMD with a set of primes; 20mm f1.7, 45mm f1.8 and the 75mm f1.8

I'm a thirty something married dad of 1 plus a second offspring on the way. I love shooting portraits, landscapes, my daughter and anything quirky that catches my eye. I'd love to get into long exposure stuff and I've very recently been mucking about with a cokin ND 8

I've been really impressed with the pleasant vibe amongst the posters here and I hope I've got something to contribute now and again.

Cheers

Edit: a link to my 'portfolio'/favourite shots album on Picasa: https://picasaweb.google.com/117600068195710306257/PortfolioBestShots?authkey=Gv1sRgCLOYgayaqaagfg
I'd love to receive comments to help me improve my photography. Cheers. Andy

savvy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Les
Hi Andy,

I used to hail from the Wirral, too. Used to be some great walks and potential shots from around that coastline, West Kirby, Caldy, Heswall, Thurstaston, etc. If I remember, some lovely exposed sandstone.

Hmmm...... AndyOMD, surely not McCluskey :biggrin:

Rgds.

Les.

AndyOMD

New to Mu-43
savvy said:
Hi Andy,

I used to hail from the Wirral, too. Used to be some great walks and potential shots from around that coastline, West Kirby, Caldy, Heswall, Thurstaston, etc. If I remember, some lovely exposed sandstone.

Hmmm...... AndyOMD, surely not McCluskey :biggrin:

Rgds.

Les.

Hi Les

I know the areas you mention although, I'm not a McCluskey, so you must be thinking of someone else. Up on Thurstaston Common around Thors Rock is no doubt somewhere you've been too. The setting sun colouring in that sandstone is something else.

Andy

savvy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Les
Hi Les

I know the areas you mention although, I'm not a McCluskey, so you must be thinking of someone else. Up on Thurstaston Common around Thors Rock is no doubt somewhere you've been too. The setting sun colouring in that sandstone is something else.

Andy
LOL :biggrin: The McCluskey reference was to Andy, the founder member of OMD (Your UserName). He used to drink in one of the pubs I used to go to in Heswall, or Greasby, I can't remember now, before they were famous.

Yes, Thurstaston Common was one of the places I was thinking of. Look forward to seeing some dramatic photos of that sandstone in the Autumn setting sun.

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Welcome Andy. The impression you got from your lurking is correct. This is a great group of members lurking. Look forward to seeing you work.

Latest threads

Top Bottom