Hello from Westchester, NY

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Hi everybody. I just joined. I'm new to 4/3 but not to photography. I have been into photography for close to 40 years I started as a preteen. I just got a Lumix GF1 with the 20 1.7 and am looking forward to getting into photography again with it.

I also have Nikon and Leica kits along with lots of other photo gear and studio lighting. I used to do photography as a business but now it's mostly a hobby though some of my work involves teaching people digital photography principals.

I'm looking forward to participating here, reading posts and seeing everyone's work.
One pet peeve is that I hate when people call a photograph a capture, I prefer, image, photo, picture, anything but capture which sounds to unartistic and mechanical.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Hi Lisa, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds :friends:

You raise an interesting point about one word... and funnily enough I started to use 'capture' as an alternative to 'shot' when, on another forum someone complained that 'shot' implies that no thought or skill went into capturing the essence of a scene.

What I've realised is that we all have personal associations with certain words which become 'triggers' to remembered emotions... both good and bad, and I try to understand where the poster is coming from before 'going off on one' :biggrin:

Alternatively, I guess I could start my own forum and insist that everyone play by My rules :rofl: better to be more flexible I think :smile:

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hello Lisa and welcome aboard! We're a motley crew here on mu43.com, but generally pretty good natured with a wide array in backgrounds. Glad you found your way here!

P.S. There's a nice number of us New Yorkers, too...and at least one fellow from CT, who we give a special NY dispensation too...:biggrin::wink:

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome Lisa,
Capture. This is a very interesting word. I think words have little meaning as far as the end result goes. Call it what you will, the result is all that matters and the journey to get there.
Shooter

Latest threads

Top Bottom