1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello From West Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by peterbee, Nov 2, 2011.

1. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I live in a village outside Huddersfield in West Yorkshire and am an active member of Holmfirth Camera Club. I'm also a member of the Royal Photographic Society and gained the LRPS distinction last year. Another outlet for my images is through International Salons and I'm currently in the process of applying for the AFIAP distinction.

I've been taking pictures for over 40 years now and for the past 15 years have been using Minolta/Sony kit. I currently use a Sony Alpha 700 with a collection of zoom and prime lenses.

My photographic style has evolved quite a bit over the past couple of years and a major part of my photography involves street./candid images. I've found that whilst a DSLR is great for a lot of situations, it is less than ideal for street photography as its bulk can attract unwanted attention.

So for a while, I've been looking at CSC systems with the aim finding something more discreet than a DSLR. Initially, I looked at the NEX system - the new NEX7 looks interesting, but the range of lenses is limited and they are, for my taste, a little too bulky for the camera body.

To cut a long story short, I've settled on the Mu-43 system and yesterday I ordered an E-P3 together with 17mm, 14-42mm & 40-150mm lenses. I'm expecting delivery on Saturday and am really looking forward to putting the new kit though its paces.

I expect, as a find my way round the E-P3 I'll be asking a few questions and as in due course I'll post some images.

Peter

2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Peter, and congratulations on the new kit! Look forward to seeing some of your images.

3. peterbee

peterbee Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Huddersfield, UK
    Peter Bartlett
    Thanks for the welcome, will upload images as soon as I have something worthwhile.