Hello from Wellington, NZ

Krag

New to Mu-43
Hi all,

I'm a Brit who moved to NZ about a year ago. I've been using a Canon 400D since they were released in 2006 and various prosumer stuff before that, the 400D was my first foray into really learning about photography though.

I'm an avid user of manual lenses on my 400D and have quite a collection of Tamron SPs, and Russian lens, indeed I only have one native EOS lens.

I've been considering changing or supplementing my 400D with something smaller for some time, as whilst the 400D is hardly the largest DSLR it is too big for many occasions I find myself in these days. I've been doing a huge amount of reading across the Internet in recent weeks including a large number of threads on these forums. The M43 option appeals as there are the lenses like the 20mm 1.7 and 9-18mm but still compatibility with all my old glass.

Earlier this week I spent an hour in a local camera store playing with a number of cameras and formats and came to the conclusion I will probably pick up a E-P2 with EVF in the new year. I have been advised to take a look at the GF1 by a number of people and do need to do this (the camera store didn't have one). The EVF is a big seller to me though and the Panasonic is reportedly no match for the Oly. I will look though and my decision won't be made finally until I hand over some cash :)

As someone that has admin'd other forums for over a decade I often just lurk because I can't be hassled with the drama but these forums seem like one of the few places where the community is genuinely constructive and supportive so I though I would actually register.

So hello and thanks to all those posters here that have provided some great reading and viewing thus far.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Geoff, thanks so much for your introduction and your compliments. Our forum is what it is because we've had great leadership from the outset, and we have a fantastic group of members. Without both, we'd be nothing.:wink:

Very glad to have you here, Geoff. I will be looking forward to your decision in the new year, if you can wait that long.:biggrin:

Latest threads

Top Bottom