1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Wales.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by hillwalkinggirl, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hillwalkinggirl

hillwalkinggirl Mu-43 Regular

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    Hello I'm Barbara from Pembrokeshire, Wales. I've been a keen photographer for many years and 3 years ago I bought my first digital SLR. I really love my Nikon, but 6 months ago I bought my GF1 and later added a G1 to my collection. The reason for buying these was because I find the Nikon + lenses very heavy to carry on my favourite hobby (clue in the handle). The G series are great little cameras and I use them mainly for landscape shots, whilst using my Nikon with Sigma 105 for my macro shots.

• Like Like x 2
  2. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Hi Barbara and welcome. I can certainly vouch for both the G1 and GF1, also use the Sigma 105mm for macro shots, in my case it's in a 4/3 mount so that's often my macro of choice on my G1, although I find the bokeh can be a little disturbing at times.
    Hope to see some landscape shots from your corner of the principality in due course.

Barrie

• Like Like x 2
  3. hillwalkinggirl

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    Hi Barrie, Thank you for your welcome. I've not been able to get out much with the GF1 due to bad weather but here is a photo I took earlier of a place near to where we live.
    5034132748_cd960bd8a6_b.
    Cleddau by hillwalkinggirl, on Flickr

• Like Like x 5
  4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Hello Barbara,

Welcome aboard. Your first posts were delightful.

Look forward to seeing more!

Cheers, from New England

• Like Like x 1
  5. hillwalkinggirl

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    Thank you Alan.

6. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    hi Barbara
    Although from Essex I was in your neck of the woods only last weekend due to moving my step daughter to Caerphilly, I don't envy your Weather but I do envy the scenery
    Welcome
    Phil

7. hillwalkinggirl

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    The weather here is usually very good, same as Cornwall/Devon as we are out on the Pembrokeshire Peninsula and the Gulf stream keeps us warm. We don't get the same weather as the Welsh Valleys. I hope your daughter enjoys living in Wales. It's a nice place to be.

8. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Barbara and welcome from the southern hemisphere.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard, Barbara! Thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself here. It's a great way for us all to get to know each other a little bit. It seems to me that you've already made yourself quite at home.:flowers_2:

I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you!

• Like Like x 1
  10. hillwalkinggirl

Feb 9, 2011
    Barbara
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1