Hello from Virginia :)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Elson23, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Elson23

Elson23 New to Mu-43

Dec 19, 2013
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Elson and I am new to the micro world, but not new to photography. I found myself not being excited about photography anymore and my previous camera (Canon 30D) was just collecting dust sitting in the closet. I was tired of pulling out a heavy camera with a heavy lenses, so I really think that is what made my stop taking pictures and no longer excited about photography. Until one day a co-worker introduced me to the OMD-M1. WOW!! Such a great camera in a little package. I took a few pictures with it and I was hooked.Something inside my sparked up again to want to take up photography once again. So I went ahead and pulled out all my DSLR gear and sold it within a week, and bought a OMD-M5 I wanted to break even so I couldn't afford the OMD-M1, but the M5 still had everything I needed for casual photography, since this is just a hobby and not a form of income. So I bought the M5 with the grip and my first lens is a Panasonic Lumix 25MM F1.4 which my co-worker recommended as a great starter lens. When everything finally arrived I was super excited to start taking some pictures. It was such a great feeling to hold a camera in my hand without feeling like I was carrying around a brick. I have only had the camera about a week and I have not yet fully began to unlock its full composite. The 25mm is so fast and sharp I can not wait to take more pictures. So for me the DSLR is now out of the picture forever and the micro is my new partner. So there is my little intro and I can't wait to learn more from the forums. :biggrin:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Welcome from elsewhere in VA.
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Elson, welcome aboard!

4. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    Virginia is for lovers! Show us some love. :)
  5. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Welcome from another Virginian! (Blacksburg area)
  6. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the user group, Elson. That PL25 is a heckuva starter lens! :2thumbs: