Hello from Virginia, USA

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi, everyone--

My name's Scott (surprise!). I just found this forum while I was searching for info about the upcoming Panasonic 100-300mm.

I'm 43 and have been a photographer for most of my life. I've mainly been into landscapes for a long time, but I also do some wildlife photography in the places we visit. These days I'm mainly using a pair of G1s.

I still have my favorite film cameras (Nikon FM2 and Fuji GW690ii), but have switched over entirely to digital for the ease of processing and of showing photos to people. Once I got over the need the put huge prints on the wall (which I could never actually afford to do :), 12Mp seemed liked plenty.

Anyway--enough about me. I'm looking forward to checking out the forum and seeing other peoples' pictures.

pjohngren

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Ah Scott - another FM-2 fan. That was definately my all time favorite film camera. I now have both the G1 and the GF1 and they are my new all time favorite cameras. In fact, when I am holding them, I invariably think of the FM-2. Now doesn't this look familiar?

Attachments

• GF1 with Nikkor 50mm 1.8.jpg
    GF1 with Nikkor 50mm 1.8.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 129

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
Welcome! The Fujica G690 was one of my favorite cameras (the interchangeable lens predecessor to the GW690).

Where are you from in Virginia? I'm currently in Midlothian (formerly from Herndon and Arlington).

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi, everyone--thanks for the welcome.

Narnian--I'm in central Virginia, in Charlottesville.

Pjohngren--how about this:

View attachment 152907
[G1 with Micro-Nikkor 55/3.5 and M2 extension tube :) ]

scott

Mu-43 Veteran
One of my favorite places to visit - though I am usually buried in one of the used book stores there.

Yeah, that's a tempting but expensive hobby. :) But it's nice to be in a place that has good book stores.

Latest threads

Top Bottom