1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Vermont

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Burkey, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    Hi Folks,
    'Just found this site. Looks like a great community for MFT users. I'm looking forward to learning and sharing information.
    . . . Burkey

• Like Like x 2
  2. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    Let me be the first to welcome you, and I've only been here a few days myself.

• Like Like x 2
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Welcome

Welcome from NJ. This is definitely a great user group, and I've gotten a lot out of it already in the month or so in the few weeks that I've jumped into the micro four-thirds system. You'll find very helpful, very encouraging folks over here; I certainly have.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Burkey! I've just seen your first published photo here - nice shot! The E-PL1 is a great camera. Initially there were some who discounted it as a less serious camera, but they were very mistaken.:wink:

Glad to have you here, Burkey. Vermont is such a great state, so I am really looking forward to more of your photographs.:2thumbs:

5. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Welcome!
    This is a great place.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Burkey.

7. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    Thanks for the Kind Welcomes

As they say up north here; "geezum crowbar", thanks for the kind welcomes. They are greatly appreciated. Over the past eight or ten months months I've become quite smitten with the MFT format. So much so that I recently sold my M8 and traded some CV glass for the new Voigtlander 25/.95. I've been lucky to also score the 14mm and 20mm Lumix lenses as well after unloading other pieces of aging photo gear via eBay.
    I'm a couple of years from retirement having taught for the past thirty three or so years, mostly at a small college in northern Vermont. Here's a link to the program I teach in at the college; Electronic Journalism Arts . (Yup, the pictures were taken with an E-P2. :cool:)
    So, thanks again for the great welcome. I look forward to hanging around here and as I said earlier, sharing and learning.
    . . . Burkey

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Now that is an expression I have never heard before!:biggrin: I have a friend who lives up your way...over in East Burke, if my memory banks are still functioning. I'm going to have to get him on the horn and ask about that one!

That's a very interesting looking program and the professors are pretty impressive, as well.:wink:

So you sold your M8 - wow, there are a few here who'll be "dropping their teeth" when they read that notation.

I'm really looking forward to your involvement here, Burkey and to seeing some of your other photos, too.:thumbup:

9. Fiddler

Fiddler Mu-43 Veteran

Welcome Burkey, and hello from Scotland :smile:

10. sparkin

sparkin Mu-43 Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    You can get a lot of good gear for the cost of an M8!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Burkey

Burkey Mu-43 Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    Northern New England
    Yup, sure can. And I did. :smile: I really enjoyed my M8 and got a lot of very fine images from it. But I found over the past year or so I simply wasn't taking it with me as often as I thought I would and addtionally found that I was opting for an MFT camera more often. So I sold it. Got a good price and added to my micro four thirds gear collection. As I said to my wife earlier tonight, "and I haven't looked back yet."
    . . . Burkey

• Like Like x 1